PDA

View Full Version : Any Aussies living in the US who can send me an iPad?

hobbsy101
8th March 2010, 06:21 PM
Hey every1 was wondering if any1 lived in US that could send me an iPad. I would pay them the cost of the 16GB WiFi iPad ($499) plus postage to Australia and I would give them $50AUD for their troubles.

Any1 interested?
I want one soooooo bad.

gareth
8th March 2010, 06:56 PM
i think Anthony is going over, ask him.

decryption
8th March 2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I am going to NY to grab a few iPads :)

hobbsy101
8th March 2010, 07:02 PM
OMG decryption you're the best! Ill send you a PM now

Darwiniandude
8th March 2010, 09:13 PM
I'm sorely tempted; Anthony got me a 32GB 3GS from the Apple store and sent it over before we knew Apple online would have them.

I need one on day one! But I can see the logic in waiting what, 3 weeks tops? And then being able to pay less, have the choice of a 3G model, and Australian warranty.

But I want one! :(

hobbsy101
8th March 2010, 09:16 PM
well im about to wrap up a quote that i received from PriceUSA. the 16gb wifi version will be $645 AUD including shipping to australia and insurance and they're pre-ordering it for me when preorders open on the 12th

opilot87
12th March 2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I am going to NY to grab a few iPads :)

Anthony, I read an article today that is floating around, apparently they will only allow 2 iPads per person initially until demand eases / stock comes in. Might want to look into that before you make any plans...

Ollie

gehenna
12th March 2010, 02:00 PM
Anthony, I read an article today that is floating around, apparently they will only allow 2 iPads per person initially until demand eases / stock comes in. Might want to look into that before you make any plans...

Ollie

Would you happen to have a link to the source?

dotnet
12th March 2010, 02:09 PM

Ollie

Just pack a few wigs and an assortment of false beards :D

How many stores are there in NY anyway?

Cheers
Steffen.

kevinnugent
12th March 2010, 02:45 PM
Four within reasonable distance. ;)

decryption
12th March 2010, 02:45 PM
Just pack a few wigs and an assortment of false beards :D

How many stores are there in NY anyway?

Cheers
Steffen.

There's 4 stores and 5 of us. We'll be fine I reckon :)

opilot87
12th March 2010, 07:08 PM
Would you happen to have a link to the source?

Thought I was going mad but found the article again after half an hour!

Got a corporate account? You are first in line for iPads | 9 to 5 Mac (http://www.9to5mac.com/apple-corp)

With 5 people thought it hopefully won't be a problem. I was thinking though, if its anything like the iPhone launch, by the time you buy at one store the other stores will be sold out before you get to them? How long do you think it will take to sell out, if at all?

Ollie