PDA

View Full Version : My MBP doesn't start up

Weblelo
7th March 2010, 11:21 AM
Hi i knew this forum long time ago, and come here often, my MBP didn't start up yesterday, all I could see was the grey screen and an icon, you can take a look at this video YouTube - Sun, 07 Mar #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81kUdj8uZag)
i'm running the latest 10.5 os, could you give me some clues how to fix this problem.
Thanks

ClockWork
7th March 2010, 12:45 PM
The question mark signifies that it cannot find a Mac OS X System to boot up from.
Suggest you insert your Leopard Installer DVD, then hold down the Power button for 7 seconds until your MBP turns off.

Turn it on again and immediately hold down only the C key on your keyboard.
This forces your computer to start up from the Installer.

Once it is in the installation window, ignore the Installer window completely, click on top menu item: Utilities and and scroll down to: Disk Utility.

In the Disk Utility window, select your Hard Drive in the left list and then click the Verify Disk button.

If it shows red errors in text, wait for it to finish and then click the Repair Disk button.

Post back your results.

Weblelo
9th March 2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks ClockWork I did as you said but I couldn't find the hard disk, I think it's gone, I got to buy a new one now. Thanks again for your help :)

The question mark signifies that it cannot find a Mac OS X System to boot up from.
Suggest you insert your Leopard Installer DVD, then hold down the Power button for 7 seconds until your MBP turns off.

Turn it on again and immediately hold down only the C key on your keyboard.
This forces your computer to start up from the Installer.

Once it is in the installation window, ignore the Installer window completely, click on top menu item: Utilities and and scroll down to: Disk Utility.

In the Disk Utility window, select your Hard Drive in the left list and then click the Verify Disk button.

If it shows red errors in text, wait for it to finish and then click the Repair Disk button.

Post back your results.