PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer PDFs to iPhone

malfromcessnock
6th March 2010, 05:33 PM
Hello Members

Can anyone shed any light on transfering PDF files to the iPhone. I have read they must be downloaded from a website - is there a local solution?

Thanx to forthcoming members. :cool1:

gehenna
6th March 2010, 05:35 PM
The iPhone can't technically be used as a file storage device, meaning you can't just create a folder, copy documents to it and then access the documents from the phone. You need to download an app that enables a faux type of functionality.

Air Sharing, or FileMagnet are two such apps. Also you can access your iDisk on the iPhone if you have one using the MobileMe iDisk app. I am not sure if DropBox have an app but that might be one to look at too. But I think from what you're saying the best bet would be the first two apps I mentioned above.

Alternatively you can email them to an account that is in use on the iPhone and open them from within the email. Hardly elegant though.

Bogus Jimmy
6th March 2010, 05:39 PM
Unless you have MobileMe, I think DropBox might be the easiest solution and it's free for the first 2GB (they do have an iPhone app and it works very well).

malfromcessnock
6th March 2010, 07:04 PM
Smashing fellas - it works a treat.

I tried downloading from my domain (thinking it would be similar to dropbox) but found I can't save the opened pdf - then I tried dropbox and discovered it works on a different principle entirely.

Thank you MacTalk community.