PDA

View Full Version : iPad & iPhone good friends together

PCKid
2nd March 2010, 07:15 PM
I wonder how my iPhone and my iPad will get on together sharing the same iTunes on my iMac? I'm sure SJ will have figured that one out though no mention of it was made at the keynote. Will it be able to know what photos I have on one v the other? Ditto Podcasts, Movies, Music etc

Calendar and address book won't matter as they will be the same.

I see also no clock on the iPad. I'll miss the Timer countdown and easy alarm system.

DeKa
2nd March 2010, 07:46 PM
My iPhone and iPod (ancient model) work perfectly syncing to the same iTunes library. I see no reason why the iPhone and iPad would be any different.

pixelicious
2nd March 2010, 09:31 PM
each device will have a unqiue identified and iTunes will keep a record of what movies and music is associated with each device, even your app list!

so you could have some apps on your iPhone, say flight control gowalla, and iStat
and then on your iPad you'll have iStat, Numbers, and Real Racing

its just the same as having two iPhones, or an iPhone and an iPod touch for instance :)

MrJesseRoss
2nd March 2010, 09:56 PM
Exactly. All devices are handled separately. You could have 50 iPhones and 50 iPads and another 50 of every iPod model all syncing various combinations of media, and it won't make any difference as to how they operate.