PDA

View Full Version : Individual Page Urls for my website

crowman24
2nd March 2010, 01:32 AM
I can't seem to get individual urls for the sub pages on my site. For instance, if anyone visits my site jimkirkwood.com and bookmarks a subpage, subsequent use of that bookmark directs them to my welcome page instead of the individual page. Any help would be appreciated. I published my site to Mobile Me using IWeb

Thanks Jim :sad:

displayb333
2nd March 2010, 08:52 AM
I think* if you enable the navigation menu this will clear itself up.

*usual disclaimer

crowman24
2nd March 2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks. The Navigation bar was on. But I had the pages not showing because I didn't want all the page titles showing on every page of my site. So I turned them back on, but it still didn't work anyway. :(

Currawong
2nd March 2010, 07:36 PM
Your site uses a frameset, which means that only the front page can be bookmarked. How did you create the site?

crowman24
2nd March 2010, 10:57 PM
I created the site using IWeb and published to Mobile Me. I have heard about Frame Sets but don't understand them, let alone what I can do to put it right. I know a little about html but from a users point of view, you don't see much of it in IWeb!

displayb333
3rd March 2010, 07:56 AM
I think HTML is an afterthought in iWeb :-)

Comparing your site to one I've done in iWeb... clicking your links opens the target within a frame, don't know if we can do much about this behaviour. Right-clicking and opening in a new target will get you the link you're after.

This is not the behaviour I get on my site...all my links are in Navgation, and I get the URL you're after each time.

Two more lines of investigation:
1) MobileMe hosting: I'm not. Do you have an alternative host? Maybe a few MB at your ISP you could trial an upload to?

2) iWeb version '09 (v3.0.1) here. Yours?

crowman24
3rd March 2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks for this info. I think the Framesets are definitely the problem. Even when I create a new site in IWeb (08) it comes under the same frameset! ouch. Things to try now, at least that's a start.

Thanks

Jim

Currawong
3rd March 2010, 11:11 PM
You need to set up www.jimkirkwood.com to be an alias for web.mac.com after you've set that as your domain in MobileMe. Then you wont have that frameset at all.

crowman24
4th March 2010, 02:07 AM
Thanks Currawong. Followed your instructions. I think I've done it. It says 24-48 hours before it works. There were two other entries there under A, instead of Cname, which were a series of numbers. Don't know what they were so left them alone. Maybe I should have deleted them?