PDA

View Full Version : Print Current Page option?

PCKid
1st March 2010, 08:38 PM
I've recently got a new iMac and have just given my wife my 3 year old 24" iMac to replace her PC so she is a new convert. So far so good. Except for printing. She finds the print choices poor compared to the PC. I agree in one respect as there doesn't seem to be a choice to "Print Current Page". ie you go to Print, you forward to the page you want but no choice to just print the one in view. Help me out guys. Are we both wrong and just don't know where to look?

snark
1st March 2010, 08:57 PM
What application are you printing from? Safari? OpenOffice? Mail?

PCKid
2nd March 2010, 10:03 AM
In this case it was a Safari one with about ten pages on how to care for a swimming pool. But I would guess it could occur in Pages for example too. Most times the Print function seems to be generic through a lot of apps.

mmulhern
2nd March 2010, 10:27 AM
Wouldn't the current page in this case be the entire website's page (which prints on 10 pages)?

If I want a particular page, I print/preview, then from the preview print the only the physical page(s) I need.

Even in the "Wonderful Windows World" of XP (here at work - right in front of me) I have to preview the webpage (Firefox and MSIE) to print selected physical pages.

PCKid
2nd March 2010, 11:20 AM
Yes I agree the article obviously is continuos but given that the screen isn't the length of the article print still sees it as several pages (in this case 4).

But many thanks you have answered it for me as I just tried your Print then select Preview, Click on the page then "Print this page only". Great. As usual better than on a PC. I found when I swapped from PC to Mac 4 years ago I always looked for the hard way (PC) only to find that there was a much easier way (Mac) to do it. Thanks for the help.