PDA

View Full Version : Best uninstaller app?

raj
25th February 2010, 01:29 PM
I've used AppZapper in the past but found it to miss files quite often... a quick search on iusethis shows quite a few options out there, just wondering if anyone had any personal preference?

i use this osx software: keyword: uninstall (http://osx.iusethis.com/tag/uninstall)

harrisonx
25th February 2010, 01:57 PM
I use AppTrap, which installs as a preference pane and runs in the background.

You uninstall apps as per normal (dragging them to the trash) and AppTrap then pops up and gives you a list of files that you should remove along with them. Hit Remove and they are moved to the trash as well. Nice and simple.

AppTrap (http://onnati.net/apptrap/)

Sheldor
25th February 2010, 02:27 PM
I never try AppTrap or AppZapper , I use CleanApp it's pretty good, better than Appcleaner however it's a shareware.

patcanuck
25th February 2010, 08:22 PM
Another vote from me for AppTrap. Love it and have tried nearly all the other options. :)

ZacDavies
1st March 2010, 01:17 PM
Another vote for AppTrap, works a charm. Seamless experience.

kyte
1st March 2010, 04:19 PM
Based on this thread, I downloaded Apptrap and I am very impressed. Appzapper can go.

starbug
1st March 2010, 08:40 PM
What is wrong with AppZapper?

gehenna
1st March 2010, 08:51 PM
I've used AppZapper up till today, having read this thread I gave AppTrap a go - never knew it existed. I'll stick with AppZapper since I already paid for it a while ago but had I known about AppTrap I would have gone for it. It's free which is great, and it's integrated with the OS which is even better. It wins over AppZapper for those reasons IMO. I'll keep them both on hand for the apps AppZapper has problems with.

AnJellyCue
2nd March 2010, 12:30 PM
I have AppDelete, cost me $7 or something, it works well

dopus
3rd March 2010, 11:09 AM
I agree. I also didn't know AppTrap existed, and am a paid appzapper user. Great to know these other alternatives exist. Thanks.