PDA

View Full Version : iPad to be sold at various retailers (soon)

kevinnugent
24th February 2010, 09:24 PM
Apple: iPad to Be Sold at Best Buy (http://mashable.com/2010/02/23/ipad-best-buy/)

Sounds good.... they seem to have learnt a little from opening up the sales channels on the iPhone.

Pretty much the full discussion points here: Apple: COO Cook Says It Is World’s Largest Seller Of Digital Content - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com (http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2010/02/23/apple-coo-cook-says-it-is-worlds-largest-seller-of-digital-content/?mod=yahoobarrons)

Lutze
25th February 2010, 12:07 AM
The way I read the whole thing actually worried me.

4:26 iPad will launch in direct channel first, and indirect channels where we have assisted sales, such as store-in-store at Best Buy, and Internationally, Apple Premium Resellers. Initially, it will be around places with really great assisted sales. Over time, it will expand.

The question is... Apple inc. own each Apple Store (currently all over east and of course the Online Store) So they *should* be direct channel... it's the ", and Internationally," that has got me slightly concerned - it could be ",and Internationally through Apple Premium Resellers." but the , that is in there is a worry.

kevinnugent
25th February 2010, 07:52 AM
I read it that it will be sold as of release date at Apple stores and Premium Re-sellers... I think the difference is that in the States they have "assisted sales" where actual Apple staff man their locations say at Best Buy.

Here they don't - maybe apart from David Jones. Does anyone know if the Apple staff at DJ's and Myer are actually employed by Apple or a Premium Re-seller?

Lutze
25th February 2010, 08:03 AM
I read it that it will be sold as of release date at Apple stores and Premium Re-sellers... I think the difference is that in the States they have "assisted sales" where actual Apple staff man their locations say at Best Buy.

Here they don't - maybe apart from David Jones. Does anyone know if the Apple staff at DJ's and Myer are actually employed by Apple or a Premium Re-seller?

Resellers at DJ's (not so sure about the Premium part ;) )