PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the guilt!

Jaali
20th February 2010, 10:10 PM
I feel dirty.

I just installed Windows on my MBP, and feel an immense amount of guilt for doing so.

And it get's worse. When I switch on my Machine, it goes straight into Windows! I thought it was supposed to give me an option of OSX or Windows?

Why oh why is it doing this to me!!!

cosmichobo
20th February 2010, 10:14 PM
You have been found guilty, and your punishment metered out.

Yes, forevermore you have been booted to Windows!

Mwahahar.

Seriously, no idea, but - funny!

Jaali
20th February 2010, 10:21 PM
OK, now I am seriously concerned. I open Windows Explorer, and it look like the HDD has 41 GB, when I only allocated it 20 GB using the Bootcamp assistance.

Oh please don't tell me this has killed OSX...

mattyi
20th February 2010, 10:34 PM
Have you tried holding down the option key when you turn the machine on? It should gve you the option to pick between windows and mac osx. I think that's where you select the default os as well.

Jaali
20th February 2010, 10:50 PM
Have you tried holding down the option key when you turn the machine on? It should gve you the option to pick between windows and mac osx. I think that's where you select the default os as well.

Thank you! Oh, what a relief.

All is well in OSX world. Still can't work out why it has given it 41 GB though...

mattyi
20th February 2010, 10:59 PM
Thank you! Oh, what a relief.

All is well in OSX world. Still can't work out why it has given it 41 GB though...

No worries. I'm not too sure about the hard drive space, though.

Good luck.

harryb2448
21st February 2010, 06:34 AM
Still can't work out why it has given it 41 GB though...

Ahh well you know Microsoft .. think of a number, double it .....................

Phunky
21st February 2010, 08:19 AM
Thats funny, seeing as its bootcamp that creates the partition not windows

TheKeddi
21st February 2010, 08:44 AM
Stop sullying your machine and get it off!! hehehehehe

nibbles
21st February 2010, 09:00 AM
What's it say the windows partition has in the mac side, windows could have a faulty something, open the windows drove in finder

tranp
21st February 2010, 09:24 AM
Boot back into Mac OS X and run Disk Utility to look at all your partitions....

banjo
21st February 2010, 09:50 AM
Also, go into your Startup Disk preferences (while in OSX) and set your OSX volume as the default.

supermariobothers
21st February 2010, 10:00 AM
I would also guess that windows is misreporting your drive size. Unless you somehow accidentally changed it during the bootcamp installation?

nibbles
22nd February 2010, 06:47 AM
Trust windows to do something like that