PDA

View Full Version : Nsw Det Vsl Questions

MacMatt
21st August 2005, 04:41 PM
Greetings,

A few questions to those in the know.

I know NSW schools have certain Microsoft VSLs. But does this cover Virtual PC 7 (now a Microsoft product) ? and products does this cover?

also, can you please confirm the Apple VSl Agreement, and what is covers. OSX? Server? iWork? etc.

and those familiar with Oasis (a DOS like system) , could this run in Virtual PC on OS X ?

Are there any other software titles apart from Microsoft and Apple, the NSW DET has School wide VSLs for?

Cheers,
MK

Paxton
22nd August 2005, 10:26 AM
Thread Moved to Software General. There seems to be no takers in the Orange Sofa.

Senna
22nd August 2005, 10:48 AM
I know Oasis runs under Virtual PC but I cant help you with the rest. Sorry.

ford.boy
22nd August 2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MacMatt@Aug 21 2005, 04:41 PM
and those familiar with Oasis (a DOS like system) , could this run in Virtual PC on OS X ?
Isn't Oasis being replaced with Circe? (I know, spelling)

I thought that ran through windows with a GUI.

timdotexe
22nd August 2005, 12:33 PM
VIRTUAL PC 7 MAC

Licensing

LICENCE REQUIRED FOR NON-QUALIFYING PC

Availability

PURCHASE MEDIA SET FROM ITD

General Information

Microsoft® Virtual PC for Mac Version 7 makes it possible for you to access PC-only software, files, networks and devices from your Mac. Virtual PC 7, which is compatible with the Mac G5, offers important improvements in support, speed and reliability.

Licensing
Virtual PC for Mac is provided under the DET Enterprise Agreement for qualifying machines at no cost. However, a license will be required for each installation of the operating system and other applications in each virtual machine within Virtual PC. Software covered under the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement is licensed for such use.

Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Mac OS 10.2.8 or later
Processor: Power Mac G3 - 700 MHz
Memory Requirements: 512 MB
HDD: 3 GB
MAC OS 10.3 is required for the Power Mac G5.

timdotexe
22nd August 2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ford.boy@Aug 22 2005, 11:17 AM
Isn't Oasis being replaced with Circe? (I know, spelling)

I thought that ran through windows with a GUI.
Know where i can find more info on this oasis replacement?