PDA

View Full Version : Plants Vs. Zombies

banjo
17th February 2010, 08:36 PM
Oh. My. Dog!

It's finally here (http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/plants-vs-zombies/id350642635?mt=8)!

Doesn't seem to have all the mini-games of the desktop version, among a few other things, but now you can have your zombie-killing fun on the move for $3.99

kungfucamel
17th February 2010, 08:47 PM
i got it the other night - an awesome game and i think done just as well as the desktop. touch suits it perfectly as well especially when all those crazy suns and coins start appearing - don't think i'll need to use the magnet plant to collect the gold coins anymore...

why are you still reading this post???? get the game now!!!!

jleetj
17th February 2010, 09:25 PM
I wasted 4 hrs last night playing this game! Just couldn't stop! Something very satsfying about destroying zombies...

Paris
19th February 2010, 05:02 AM
Absolutely brilliant little iPhone game. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it through it on the desktop, and I'm thoroughly enjoying playing through it on my iPhone.

They seem to have simplified it in a few subtle and not-so-subtle ways though, which is fine and exactly what I'd do myself.

For example, the minigames seem to be gone (not-so-subtle) and the sun flowers no longer gently transition to the brighter colour before they release a sun (a performance thing I suspect, subtle!)

Grab it if you never played it on your desktop, it's most definitely worth it and is very addictive!

banjo
19th February 2010, 06:42 AM
and the sun flowers no longer gently transition to the brighter colour before they release a sun (a performance thing I suspect, subtle!)

Sure they do. It is subtle though.

Anyway, on the 3G it does seem to suffer some performance issues once you have a dozen or more zombies on the screen. Not terribly so (yet ... I'm only a few levels in), but it is noticeable.

stab
24th February 2010, 09:34 PM
I avoided the desktop version- and I'm glad I did cause I have a serious addiction to this game.

Even downloaded the music video - how sad is that! :P

Jaste
24th February 2010, 10:14 PM
Great game even if it does bog down a bit on a 3G iPhone near the end of levels when there are lots of plants and zombies on screen.