PDA

View Full Version : Projecting movies on an ipad

walden
14th February 2010, 11:53 PM
Of course, all of this will be proven when the device comes out for us to play with, but I was curious about the fact that the only 'projection' allowed out of the ipad, might be only through keynote.

I am hoping this is not the case, ... but if so, it would be a simple work-around to just embed your movies within keynote presentation slides, and then project your presentation. It seems logical, that the iwork ipad apps, would have a media section to select photos, etc. for your pages documents, so it would be easy to just select your full movie from the media section, and project up the movie.

For education use, I am hoping that we can just project straight from the media library. It would be far easier to prepare lessons on documents, and show them full screen, and play movie examples as well, without having to use this workaround of Keynote. Either way, I WILL be using an ipad with a projector for my classes this year. I am sure of it.

dory_1982
16th February 2010, 08:29 PM
Sorry Walden, no answer but a different skew on your question. I have the iPhone Composite video cable... should I expect this to work for the iPad, too?

EDIT: answered my own question. The iPad website says, "Support for 1024 x 768 with Dock Connector to VGA adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component A/V Cable, 576i and 480i with Apple Composite A/V Cable.

What it displays is the question... screen duplication, extension or just movies, tv shows, keynote & music videos...?

semaja2
18th February 2010, 09:40 PM
Any software can be developed to use the extra screen etc, its part of the 3.2 SDK however cant demo it since theres no way to simulate it

El Guardo
18th February 2010, 09:57 PM
I seem to recall something about the dock, a cable, and playing movies on an external display - so at the very least iTunes will 'project'.