PDA

View Full Version : iPad Camera - this version or next?

kevinnugent
9th February 2010, 05:51 PM
Apple Job Posting Suggests Cameras In Future iPads | Gizmodo Australia (http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/02/apple-job-posting-suggests-cameras-in-future-ipads/)

Philscbx
17th February 2010, 07:14 PM
I don't see the point.
Hold a computer in the air to take a image.
Isn't that about as dork as it gets.

Apple, if smart would make (or private label) there own high end camera to
wirelessly place the images on the iPad as they were taken.

Some steps of the mundane process need to be eliminated.
Cords & Readers, and lost cards.

Built the same as my back up Panasonic ZS3, or for you guys, the TZ7.
It works perfect in iMove of AVCHD.

My first sample taken with ZS3 at NASCAR event.
YouTube - Iowa Speedway Nascar Nationwide Series (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4brPbeZcLaU)

I wouldn't expect wireless from my older Canon 1DsMkII to iPad being the file sizes
are quite large in RAW format & Jpeg the same time.
Cheers

entropy
17th February 2010, 08:22 PM
Even in AVCHD transfer by wireless would kill the battery in both the camera and ipad

Oh, and next model, webcam only.

ilovemymac
25th February 2010, 04:33 PM
i seriously doubt apple PR will suddenly change their minds and add in the front camera. Just too much hassle. They will simply leave it for the new revision. Classic apple product slicing strategy.

skullnbones
14th May 2010, 09:29 PM
i seriously doubt apple PR will suddenly change their minds and add in the front camera. Just too much hassle. They will simply leave it for the new revision. Classic apple product slicing strategy.

Haven't heard that term before. Does product slicing mean that they introduce a product with a fraction (large or small) of the available functionality at launch, so they can put it in the next version and hope you upgrade?

entropy
14th May 2010, 10:13 PM
I wonder if you had a eye fi SD card in your camera if you could wifi N sync with an ipad? if so that would be pretty awesome.

skritter
15th May 2010, 12:40 AM
I think the next iPhone will be the camera for the iPad.

Madeezy
15th May 2010, 12:51 AM
To me the adoption of video and camera is logical...Also at present time this last few days there have been a lot of rumours regards a camera for the ipad. Also have seen some utube videos that present a good view of the possibility that in fact the ipad jobs was holding in fact had a small just visible via reflection camera lens in the front.
On top of that some people have shown files that were found within the beta version suggesting the existence of function for video and accepting calls or not = possible vid chat and a couple of files suggesting multi conference type approach.

To me it makes sense...there you are sitting with the family in your house and talking with Mum and Dad over in Sydney, or the Son sitting talking with Dad who is away on business...I can see in my mind already the Ads Apple would do with this! lol

As for me I think its a logical step and will follow shortly after the iphone 4 launch, this is what imho the multi tasking in ver 4 is really for.

Hence I am going to hold back on my ipad purchase till a fair bit later....Hard as it is! and boy is it proving hard!! esp when my wife is saying she wants a new computer.

Lutze
15th May 2010, 10:34 AM
You might want to read a bit of John Gruber before you stick your view on holding off.
This is how Apple rolls | Tablets | Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/article/151235/2010/05/apple_rolls.html?lsrc=smokemonster)

eron
15th May 2010, 04:30 PM
A simple camera facing the user is good for video conferencing. Perfect for Skype users and the like.