PDA

View Full Version : Gmail update

Currawong
18th July 2004, 04:54 PM
Just got this message on Gmail about new features:

Import Contacts
You've made a list. You've checked it twice. Now you never have to check it again. Move all your contacts from Yahoo! Mail, Outlook, and others to Gmail in just a few clicks. Then simply rely on our auto-complete feature to prefill all your addresses for you. Keep all your contacts in one place and keep in touch with all of them using Gmail.

Signature options
From the settings page, create a signature that's automatically added to the end of all your outgoing messages. Change it as often as you like, but always get the last word. Learn more

Safari browser support
Everybody's gone surfin' now Mac OS X's Safari is surfing Gmail as well (versions 1.2.1 and newer).

I've noticed lately I've had fewer problems with Safari than I had before...sometimes it gave an error when I tried to send a message, though the message appeared each time to have been sent (ie, the receiver always got it).

Ozi
18th July 2004, 05:38 PM
yeah safari has been fixed up, but I have Gmail in my bookmarks bar of safari, and I often have to click on it a number of times (generally about 3) before the page actually loads. It will go to a white page with "Loading" written in the top, but until I click it two or three times, my actual inbox wont load. Otherwise, Gmail is awesome! :)

yinyang
18th July 2004, 09:46 PM
on this page there's a lot of other things that could be in the pipeline as well...

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/request.py

pop3...!! :)

it's good to see development going on!!