PDA

View Full Version : There will be sound systems which accomodate iphones/ipad?

wolfie
5th February 2010, 10:25 PM
im after a high end speaker music system for iphone, but i also plan to buy ipad, reckon some docking station like the b& w zepplins will come out made for ipad?

Brains
5th February 2010, 10:34 PM
Don't see why not, I know of several very nice self-contained audio docks for the iPhone & Touch. I imagine the makers would want to see how well the Pad sells before altering their design to hol the larger device, though.

benerrol
6th February 2010, 09:32 AM
i cant really see a reason why the iPad wouldn't dock to a zeppelin the way it is now, i have one sitting behind me, and the arm (onto which the iPhone docks) is spring loaded to accommodate iPods all the way back to first gens, they were pretty damn thick! So i cant really see any issues with docking but there may be issues with obscuring the sound?

Unless im being really stupid and missing some really obvious!

nibbles
10th February 2010, 04:39 PM
just adjust your current one... get a router & dig it out to the right depth lol. They may make one or maybe just a dock connector to iPad dock lead so that you can connect it to your current one and sit the genuine apple on on top.

bullrout
10th February 2010, 05:09 PM
Air Tunes would be good.

nibbles
10th February 2010, 05:58 PM
Air Tunes would be good.

what do you mean by that?? you stream music from your iPad to it?? because you could do it without airtunes by using the Remote app and controlling your computer . One app I would pay for would be one that you could stream your music from your mac to your iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone so that it can be in one room and you could control it from another

bullrout
10th February 2010, 06:48 PM
what do you mean by that?? you stream music from your iPad to it?? because you could do it without airtunes by using the Remote app and controlling your computer . One app I would pay for would be one that you could stream your music from your mac to your iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone so that it can be in one room and you could control it from another

I would like the ability to stream music from the iPad to an AirPort Express connected to a DAC/amp for headphones.