PDA

View Full Version : Toast 7

Rodney9
18th August 2005, 09:00 PM
Roxio sent me a email that Toast 7 is out now.
They want $69.95us to download.
I sent back -

Hello,
I bought Toast 6 for $130au less then 3 weeks ago.
So I hope you are kidding, $70us for Toast 7.
$220au all up, I just can not believe it.

But they just sent back a auto email saying go to their internet site.

TorranceTM
18th August 2005, 09:31 PM
I received the same e-mail, but it appears that the actual cost is US$99.95 and then you have to do a mail in rebate for US$30.00 - But in the past the mail in rebate only applies to US customers, is it confirmed that international customers get this rebate? (and why can't they do this rebate online and apply to the overall price!)

I will be interested to see if they extend the offer later as it doesn't appear to be any better than their current upgrade pricing for ANY previous Toast user (not just Toast 6 users).

Graham
18th August 2005, 09:48 PM
You aren't forced to buy it. It's something we've all been through; you buy a Mac and a few months later it's superseded by a cheaper one. If v6 is doing what you want why would you need to upgrade?

I will probably buy it, though, because I'm still running 5.2 and the ability to burn DivX to DVDs will be nice.

arty
18th August 2005, 10:07 PM
Wish they would update their web site, still says v6.

I did find this http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0508toast.html tho.

As a reseller we haven't been given prices of v7 yet.

Graham
18th August 2005, 10:12 PM
I tried submitting a question about the rebate through their system. What a pile of steaming turd. I hope the software is better than their support site.

Rayd
18th August 2005, 10:15 PM
cool, looks good :D always good to have updates

the_OM
18th August 2005, 10:25 PM
Is there anything major in this release?
The biggest thing I've seen is divx support and support for some other audio standards.

Is it worth the upgrade?

DJY
18th August 2005, 11:04 PM
From the email I got...
I don't think I will be upgrading.

The email special didn't seem that good... and yes I quickly discovered as well that it appears to be a USA thing again - and possibly not available to us.

I will be sticking with v6.

Maybe when the new Mac's roll out next year, and they then produce another new version I might consider it... if I can't resist the temptation to buy a new Mac... as there will be lots of software to start upgrading I think - despite Rosetta.

Tejas
18th August 2005, 11:42 PM
damn that crap pisses me off - i brought it a week ago- guess i'll get it from my "usual" source ;)

sen8or
18th August 2005, 11:44 PM
just installed toast 7, looks good so far, bought it on line from roxio, forgot to check if the rebate is for international users also

Graham
19th August 2005, 08:16 AM
I managed to get a reply:

Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

The rebate is only good for the 50 states.
You can contact our Inside Sales department at 1-866-280-7694 for more
information regarding rebates for countries outside the US.

Funnily enough they didn't answer my question about simply taking $30 off the price and thus saving everyone a lot of hassle.

uncyherb
19th August 2005, 08:26 AM
I am hoping that they will return the ability to burn DLT formats... (DVD replication tape format for those who don't already know).

It was available in toast 5, and 6.0.1, but once 6.1 rolled around DLT was no longer supported! :(

injidup
19th August 2005, 09:51 AM
Streetwise are selling Toast6 with Popcorn for $1 more than the cost of Toast. Looks like the "Runout" deal car dealers off when a new model is on the way.

From Create Digital Music website:

Roxio's Toast 7 Titanium is all about HD: make HD slideshow DVDs from your iPhoto library, convert DivX to DVD, and more. Audio mastering seems to have been forgotten here, though it does have an intriguing iTunes feature: "50 hours of music on a DVD, and enjoy on-screen menus for navigation to your favorite song, automatic “SmartLists,” Shuffle play, and Hollywood-style Dolby sound—with integrated, fast, and easy access to your iTunes library."

And how did sen8tor get hold of Toast 7? It's not listed on the Roxio site anywhere... :huh:

Kev.

Graham
19th August 2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by injidup@Aug 19 2005, 09:51 AM
And how did sen8tor get hold of Toast 7? It's not listed on the Roxio site anywhere... :huh:
Registered Toast owners got an email with a link allowing them to purchase it before it's officially released.

injidup
19th August 2005, 12:18 PM
Lucky blighters!
I'm a registered v5 user. Obvioulsy not good enough to receive their newest version!! :o

Sorry, sen8or!

Kev.