PDA

View Full Version : Blasina on the Ipad on the ABC

mitty
3rd February 2010, 10:26 AM
Last night as we went to bed we tuned into the ABC Nightlife Program on Local Radio (774 here in Melbourne). Who should we hear on the show but Peter Blasina himself, doing a full on marketing job all about the ipad. He was literally raving about the thing, as apparently he was a guest of Apple at the ipad launch (does that mean Apple paid for him to go over, or that he just got invited?)

He does make it sound absolutely amazing, but I frankly can't believe that he got away with going on about it as much as he did on the ABC, in what can only really be considered an advertorial, thinly veiled as a technology discussion.

decryption
3rd February 2010, 10:56 AM
Well Pete himself is a marketing tool, not a tech expert. I'm surprised Apple gave him the light of day. Somehow, for some unknown reason, The Gadget Guy must be doing something right as every tech company is giving him cash to pimp their latest thing. Even Apple!

Aladdin
3rd February 2010, 11:47 AM
You're right, he is a tool!!

Cybix
3rd February 2010, 12:43 PM
tool or not, he's obviously laughing... further establishing himself in the industry.

bennettnz
3rd February 2010, 12:54 PM
I don't agree with some of his views on technology but I do appreciate that he often tries to appeal to the mums and dads genre - a sector that is often dismissed by computer experts. His shirts are frightening.

Lutze
3rd February 2010, 02:28 PM
His shirts are frightening.

I miss read that as "His shits are frightening."

I really need more sleep I think! :)