PDA

View Full Version : Reverting to 10.5 - problem

Coldacre
2nd February 2010, 09:35 AM
I've been using Snow Leopard for the last 3 months and because there's some 3rd party software thats not supported, I decided to revert back to 10.5 yesterday. I've been backing up regularly with Time Machine and a 1TB LaCie external. Prior to installing 10.5, my HD was 232g with about 70g of free space.

The install of 10.5 went fine, but it erased all of my apps, pictures, songs, documents, movies etc. I opened Migration Assistant, and proceeded to migrate all of my files from the LaCie to the Mac HD. Progress bar started with about 2 hours to go. after half an hour (bar sitting at 1 hr 30 min to go) the progress bar stalled and then the time remaining began to climb. It got to about 2 and a half hours to go, so I looked at the Get Info of the HD and it was full! 232g in use, 0 free space. I quit Migration Assistant. I had a look but I couldn't find any of my apps, mp3's, documents, photo's anywhere on the hard drive. I can't for the life of me figure out what has filled up my hard drive. I still have everything on the LaCie, no problems there. But if I open Time Machine I can't restore anything as the Restore tab on the bottom right corner won't light up / I can't click it.

Any help / suggestion before I take the iMac to the Mac shop??