PDA

View Full Version : Does such software exist?

mrred81
30th January 2010, 04:51 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if theres any video recording software for the iPhone 3G that deletes old footage unless you press save or something.

The scenario I'm picturing is using it as an in-car-video system to record out of the front windscreen in case of an accident but theres no need to hold all the days footage only the last 15 minutes if you press a button etc..

Any ideas?

Exocet
30th January 2010, 04:53 PM
You'll need to jailbreak if you're using a 3G, but as far as I'm aware no such software exists.

d_mini
30th January 2010, 06:02 PM
Not exactly what you need but have you considered Qik Live. No need to jailbreak, can be used on a 2G or 3G iphone and sends video directly to FB, YouTube etc and best of all it's free

gehenna
30th January 2010, 06:03 PM
best of all it's free

except the data charges for sending a continual video stream to the web from the iPhone. Not the best option I'd have thought.

semaja2
30th January 2010, 08:03 PM
You could code a application that records everything in say 30minute cycles, and deletes the last cycle in a 5 hour period etc, but you would need to run this app constantly (my iphone overheats sometimes when in the dash running gps) but the app could also show some random gps stats such as speed and tracking etc.

So yes its possible with out jail breaking i believe