PDA

View Full Version : problems with jack johnson cd

yinyang
17th July 2004, 11:52 PM
has anyone had problems with the jack johnson cd 'on and on' ie getting it onto their powerbook using a superdrive (specifically the new alBooks 1.5 ghz - it's a matshita uj825)

i bought it from kmart, thought it was a dodgy cd, got another one, and same problem - is not recognised at all and the superdrive spits it out. even more confusing is that it's not copy protected and can't see anything on his website to say this is a common occurence.

very confused...!?

Disko
18th July 2004, 12:34 AM
Same thing has happned to me a few times with other CDs - try tilting the powerbook (sometimes so that it is upright). That works for me probably 5% of the time. Other than that - i've got no suggestions on how to get it to work.

pipsqeek
18th July 2004, 09:49 AM
My friend recently bought a few CD's.

Cannot recalled what artist. But the CD's failed to load anywhere, in the car, computer, DVD player. etc..

took it back, got it replaced, same thing with the new copy.

Eventaully figured out that there was no data on the CD's at all, and SONY (M$ to the electronics world) has had to recall all copies and start again.

Found it funny.

But something worth checking.

Steve

moth
19th July 2004, 10:04 PM
Yep, had exactly the same problems with my Jack Johnson cd on my powerbook 550. It's the only cd it won't accept - pop the cd in, spins around for a sec then spits it out - got me completely stumped!