PDA

View Full Version : ipad keyboard accessory fail?

tkilik11
29th January 2010, 10:25 AM
i was thinking that the keyboard attachment would be nice for the iwork applications although the ipad is standing upright which would not allow keynote to work properly. why can't they just make the bluetooth keyboard work?!

cjuiz
29th January 2010, 10:31 AM
i was thinking that the keyboard attachment would be nice for the iwork applications although the ipad is standing upright which would not allow keynote to work properly. why can't they just make the bluetooth keyboard work?!

It does work.

"With built-in 802.11n, iPad can take advantage of the fastest Wi-Fi networks. And itíll automatically locate available Wi-Fi networks, which you can easily join with a few simple taps. iPad also comes with Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR, which lets you connect to devices like wireless headphones or the Apple Wireless Keyboard."

simplynick
31st January 2010, 04:18 PM
Speaking of accessories, anybody seen any others popping up?

jack112006
31st January 2010, 05:15 PM
Speaking of accessories, anybody seen any others popping up?

I have seen a few cases from Griffin, but thats it. As for the keyboard dock, it will magically vanish from the Apple Store in a year or two just like the iPod Hi-Fi.

dolbinau
31st January 2010, 06:24 PM
I have seen a few cases from Griffin, but thats it. As for the keyboard dock, it will magically vanish from the Apple Store in a year or two just like the iPod Hi-Fi.

I wonder if I should buy one to capitalise on this :P.

Lutze
1st February 2010, 08:32 AM
I think the keyboard dock's takeup will depend entirely on it's price point.

If it's cheap enough then I'd consider it.

jack112006
1st February 2010, 04:09 PM
I think the keyboard dock's takeup will depend entirely on it's price point.

If it's cheap enough then I'd consider it.

It's $69 USD.

ZacDavies
1st February 2010, 10:43 PM
why can't they just make the bluetooth keyboard work?!

Actually, it does. So yeah.

"Not only will the company sell a dedicated Keyboard Dock, which holds the iPad upright while providing a full-size (but no-keypad) Apple aluminum keyboard, but the iPad will also work with standard Bluetooth keyboards. I am very, very pleased."

The iPad's five best surprises | Laptop | MacUser | Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/article/145970/2010/01/bestipadsurprises.html)

iJohn
2nd February 2010, 03:26 PM
i reckon it looks grouse with the keyboard dock

Japester
2nd February 2010, 03:34 PM
It's $69 USD.

I can't work out if that's considered expensive. It's the same price as a wireless keyboard in the US, so I think it's reasonable. I'm going to buy one at work for typing and charging.

I saw a photo on a blog of the rear and as I had hoped, there's an audio line-out!

Lutze
2nd February 2010, 06:08 PM
It's $69 USD.

What's the source on that?

dolbinau
2nd February 2010, 06:23 PM
What's the source on that?

Apple's iPad keyboard dock, case and other accessories get the hands-on treatment -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/28/apples-ipad-keyboard-dock-case-and-other-accessories-get-hands/)

skritter
4th February 2010, 12:16 AM
Apparently the standard bluetooth Mac keyboard will work with the iPad as well.

MrJesseRoss
4th February 2010, 12:25 AM
Apple's iPad keyboard dock, case and other accessories get the hands-on treatment -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/28/apples-ipad-keyboard-dock-case-and-other-accessories-get-hands/)

Oh my. I would buy that keyboard.

Dust For Eyes
4th February 2010, 11:01 AM
One thing that the iPad keyboard dock has that the normal wireless keyboard doesn't is some dedicated function buttons for the home button, search and the like.

http://www.ilounge.com/assets/images/reviews_apple/ipadfl/accessories/11.jpg

I wonder if you could use the keyboard for playing games.

Cybix
4th February 2010, 11:04 AM
I wonder if you could use the keyboard for playing games.

no. unless purposely coded in the game/app to do so. Which would be crazy for a developer to do, considering 99.9999999999999999% will use the touch UI