PDA

View Full Version : Phone on iPad

ganesha108
29th January 2010, 09:29 AM
I'd love both an iPhone and iPad but I probably can't justify spending that much money. There are so many features that I like on the iPad that aren't on the iPhone EXCEPT the iPad doesn't have a phone and it's a little bulky as a full time iPhone replacement. I can potentially live with these 2 things if it saves me purchasing an iPhone.

What is everyones thoughts on this?
Is there a good calling app that could be used on the iPad? Could you still use your mobile phone number?

Answering calls could be a interesting, maybe you could use a bluetooth headset or plug in the iPhone headset when a call comes through (notified by 3G push). You'd have to be quick.

eaglesteve2
29th January 2010, 01:03 PM
This is NEVER meant to replace the iPhone. It's too big to be used as a phone. Too big to be used as a GPS. Too big to be used as a camera or video recorder. It is mean to perform SPECIFIC task which neither the notebook nor iPhone could not very well. This means as a ebook reader. This means as a mobile web browser. This means as a mobile photo viewer and video player. This means creating word, excel, powerpoint document on the move. This means posting to forum like this on the move. This means playing certain games on the move.

But not for replacing your iPhone, or desktop.

ozerus
29th January 2010, 02:45 PM
what ya need is skype always running in the background (not gonna happen) and a bluetooth mic/ear piece that looks something less like an headset type thing and more like perhaps, a pen or rulerish type thing (sort of like a phone handset, but cool looking and small enough to handle answering skype calls, with a small screen to show who's calling and answer/end call button or something.

Now, if only skype could be run in the background and handle SMS/MMS

dotnet
29th January 2010, 03:10 PM
This is NEVER meant to replace the iPhone. It's too big to be used as a phone.

Not if you buy the mobility kit.

http://philipsgardenblog.com/__oneclick_uploads/2008/03/wheelbarrow_0671.jpg

Cheers
Steffen.