PDA

View Full Version : McGraw-Hill feels the wrath of Steve for leaking iPad

kungfucamel
28th January 2010, 03:15 PM
Yesterday the CEO of McGraw-Hill pre-announced in an interview that Apple were going to announce a tablet device. The wrath of Steve came down quick and swift... Sorta like in the past when ATi preannounced the new iMacs...

McGraw-Hill axed from iPad launch after CEO leaks on TV | VentureBeat (http://venturebeat.com/2010/01/27/mcgraw-ipad/)

zillatron
28th January 2010, 03:24 PM
The wrath of Steve came down quick and swift...

Obviously he didn't realise, Steve *IS* the law. ;)

Dan

Japester
28th January 2010, 03:43 PM
Awesome! I knew that guy was just being a big f***wit with no idea of what he was doing. Supremo object lesson.

sk2
28th January 2010, 03:45 PM
Interesting comment from the article:
"Ben 1 hour ago
Apple did the same thing a few years back. Jobs was due to introduce a new line of Powermac with the latest ATI Radeon chip. A day or two before his keynote ATI said something about the new chip being inside all the new Powermac Apple is about to introduce. Jobs lost his shit and have the whole introduction pulled, from the keynote and the show floor. Introduce the new machines a month or two later on the website with no fanfare"

Perhaps this was why we didn't see the new Intel macbooks?
Intel Claims Core i5-Based MacBook Pro Promotion a Marketing Error - Mac Rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/01/14/intel-claims-core-i5-based-macbook-pro-promotion-a-marketing-error/)

Japester
28th January 2010, 03:48 PM
...Perhaps this was why we didn't see the new Intel macbooks?...

Why do you think that laptops would share the stage with this massive release? That would have created one hell of a mixed or diluted message.

kevinnugent
28th January 2010, 04:01 PM
Ouch a swift kick to the bollocks. Rightly so too. If he's stolen my thunder like that I'd have kungfu panda'd the prick.

maclab
28th January 2010, 04:17 PM
Love it

BiRDBRAiN
28th January 2010, 04:19 PM
Go Steve!

bljpoad
29th January 2010, 08:08 AM
haha, that is awesome! :)

SRG
29th January 2010, 01:39 PM
Well except the company says they were never on it and given the keynote went for 90 minutes I can't say there was a spot where it looked like they rushed someone in to fill a gap!