PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreaking?

BiRDBRAiN
28th January 2010, 06:31 AM
What possibilities could this give us?

My mind boggles when I think about what I could do with a jailbroken iPad.

What do people think of that?

jack112006
28th January 2010, 06:33 AM
If this is in any way jailbreak-able, I'm there. My mind goes wild with the possibilities.

mitty
28th January 2010, 08:26 AM
You can guarantee the usual players will be aching to get their hands on the ipad. with the added bonus they don't have to worry about the baseband cause it's already unlocked by default!

eaglesteve2
28th January 2010, 08:37 AM
I'll bet that it will be jailbroken like in iPhone, and multitasking and all those good stuffs will become available.

JustaUniStudent
28th January 2010, 09:53 AM
Access to that SD card reader, and tethering off my iphone for starters!

mmulhern
28th January 2010, 10:25 AM
Access to that SD card reader, and tethering off my iphone for starters!

You probably won't need to JB the iPad to tether from your iPhone. If your iPhone is JB, then run MyWi to create a wifi hotspot and connect the iPad to that.

Mecha
28th January 2010, 01:29 PM
You probably won't need to JB the iPad to tether from your iPhone. If your iPhone is JB, then run MyWi to create a wifi hotspot and connect the iPad to that.

You can also tether via bluetooth without the need to jailbreak.

mmulhern
28th January 2010, 03:28 PM
You can also tether via bluetooth without the need to jailbreak.

Provided your Telco allows (or could be bothered - "3"!!) tethering.

Brains
28th January 2010, 04:51 PM
Jailbreaking will prove to be difficult, thanks to the custom non-ARM non-Intel processor Apple designed and used in the iPad.

Early jailbreak attempts used exploits, which Apple have since patched. The last two jailbreaks required poking some machine-code into the system to open a hole, so until the codermonkeys can figure out the architecture (trust me, Apple are not going to want to release that info!) a jailbreak will take quite a bit of time ... if ever.