PDA

View Full Version : Steve used one of my pics in his keynote.

Velociraptors
28th January 2010, 04:20 AM
What a buzz. Watching the pics come up in the sneaked photo feeds of the new tablet, during steve's keynote comes up:

http://c0581892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/apple-tablet-keynote_024.jpg

That powerbook photo looked familiar... sure enough, the photo of my powerbook 100 that I'd put on wikipedia worked its way into a stevenote

File:Powerbook 100 pose.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Powerbook_100_pose.jpg)

(including the missing rear-left foot :)

Brains: that's your ex-pb100, too :)

Dana

ClockWork
28th January 2010, 05:23 AM
Wow - you must either feel "loved" or "used".
I'm bettin on the former. :)

It would have been .... rilly cool had there been a dinosaur sketch in black & white on that screen, even if it were a faint one.

Velociraptors
28th January 2010, 05:28 AM
haha - quite loved :). I keep getting these 15 minutes of fame... :). As for 1991, being near 20 years ago now, the pb100 may well be the dinosaur itself!

dangelovich
28th January 2010, 06:02 AM
The angles on the photos look ever so slightly different... They'd have to be using their own archive PR shots, not Wikipedia... surely.

Velociraptors
28th January 2010, 06:11 AM
The angles on the photos look ever so slightly different... They'd have to be using their own archive PR shots, not Wikipedia... surely.

Mine was newer/better/higher resolution - that's what I'm running with!

The angle diff is the distortion from steve's one not being taken straight-on http://www.danamania.com/tmp/compare1.jpg and http://www.danamania.com/tmp/compare2.jpg in two tabs, and flick between them. Heee.

Dana

SilverJ
28th January 2010, 06:14 AM
Haha well done. Even Apple didn't have one in their archives then.

godsdice
28th January 2010, 07:14 AM
Sue the Bastard !

scar68
28th January 2010, 07:16 AM
I have a PB 100. Was amazing with its 20MB HDD and 2 MB of RAM.

Would love to sell it to Apple. Hell just swapping it for an Ipad would do.

If they are $ valuable as an "interest" device would gladly part with it.

Must have new product......

davidw89
28th January 2010, 09:02 AM
When's the video of the event coming up?

Jaffa
28th January 2010, 09:19 AM
Congrats! You should send Steve an email thanking him for utilising your services ;)

uncyherb
28th January 2010, 10:25 AM
Congrats! You should send Steve an email thanking him for utilising your services ;)

Yes! See if you can get an iPad by saying how honoured you were, how much you love the new iPad, how you can't wait till it arrives, how happy you were they used your photo, how you love apple.

Do it!

iCameron
28th January 2010, 02:29 PM
Yes! See if you can get an iPad by saying how honoured you were, how much you love the new iPad, how you can't wait till it arrives, how happy you were they used your photo, how you love apple.

Do it!

Although this is CRAZY! It's worth a crack. Email Apple PR and see what happens! They could be feeling generous :)

ZacDavies
28th January 2010, 07:51 PM
I think this is incredible :) worthy of a front page newstory even!

NILcorp
28th January 2010, 08:49 PM
Bravo! Apple is losing its edge or the people there are just plain lazy.

Wally
29th January 2010, 07:36 AM
Sweet Dana, must be a privilege

Byrd
29th January 2010, 08:05 AM
Although this is CRAZY! It's worth a crack. Email Apple PR and see what happens! They could be feeling generous :)

Yes, I'd give this a go too - who knows what may happen?

JB

Phunky
30th January 2010, 04:16 PM
I read that Kane Kramer, who originally invented the iPod, was only given a free iPod by Apple

Exocet
30th January 2010, 05:20 PM
I read that Kane Kramer, who originally invented the iPod, was only given a free iPod by Apple

You know, and the paycheque he received while working for them. That's what being part of a company means - you create things and they own them.

ClockWork
30th January 2010, 05:33 PM

Should get 1 dollar for every iPod sold - worldwide.
Now that's moolah.

Meh 626
30th January 2010, 05:58 PM
Should get 1 dollar for every iPod sold - worldwide.
Now that's moolah.

He would have $250, 000, 000 exactly.

Phunky
30th January 2010, 06:27 PM
I dont think he worked for Apple tho, his patent expired and Apple used the specifications as a template

ZacDavies
30th January 2010, 07:47 PM

The Nike Swoosh was designed by an intern, she was never formally paid for it - just got her normal wage whilst working for the company. I did hear however that she is entitled to a lifetime supply of nike products.