PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store Castle Hill?

macboi
24th January 2010, 09:07 PM
Apple Retail - Castle Towers... construction is underway.
Level 4, next to David Jones.

ZacDavies
24th January 2010, 10:17 PM
Apple Retail - Castle Towers... construction is underway.
Level 4, next to David Jones.

what the christ, why would the build two stores on the north shore and continue to neglect the west / south ?

Minkey
25th January 2010, 06:47 AM
what the christ, why would the build two stores on the north shore and continue to neglect the west / south ?

Money. Speaking broadly people who live in the north (and east, hence Bondi), are more wealthly, it's the age old demographics of Sydney. People with more money are more likley to want a premium service when they buy their Macs. Everyone else can go to JB HiFi/David Jones.

That said I wouldn't rule out Parramatta, mostly due to population density.

M

Al Aero
25th January 2010, 07:38 AM
Castle hill is happening but shhh

macboi
25th January 2010, 08:11 AM
Castle Towers Shopping Centre, Castle Hill NSW

Level 4, Next to David Jones. Construction is underway - Kell & Rigby.

3 Retail stores cleared out for the space.

matthew858
25th January 2010, 10:19 AM
Castle Towers Shopping Centre, Castle Hill NSW

Level 4, Next to David Jones. Construction is underway - Kell & Rigby.

3 Retail stores cleared out for the space.

What does the outside of the site look like (the temporary wooden wall facing people, what colour is it)? If it's black and the site is Kell and Rigby, that's often a good indication that it's an Apple Store.

If anyone can get me an exact address (down to the shop number), I can become Apple Detective again and track down DAs, construction certificates and Kell & Rigby information.

macboi
25th January 2010, 01:20 PM
Its black boarded, will Kell & Rigby builders walking in and out.

I'm going to Towers tomorrow sometime, I'll find out the shop #.

decryption
25th January 2010, 02:02 PM
Its black boarded, will Kell & Rigby builders walking in and out.

I'm going to Towers tomorrow sometime, I'll find out the shop #.

Take a photo sir.

Melodious
25th January 2010, 02:11 PM
I just googled after being told by someone who works nearby. I'm up at towers now. It's inbetween Maggie T and shop no 439 so I think prob shop 436-438.
It's an expensive move, they had to really entice build a bear to close and offer them another shop when it becomes available. You'd be looking at $800000 to 1 mil/year in rent.

It's a smart move to put one here but agree they need a parra one too.

Melodious
25th January 2010, 02:41 PM

Castle Hill is NOT North Shore. It's north west Sydney and is actually a part of Western Sydney. I agree their next move should be Parramatta. I'm surprised towers got it before parra.

dotnet
25th January 2010, 02:41 PM

Well, Castle Hill is hardly North Shore, in fact it is as far west as Parramatta, just a bit further up north.

Cheers
Steffen.

EDIT thanks melodious :rolleyes:

ZacDavies
25th January 2010, 06:23 PM
North in relation to me. Evidently Apple does not approve with this side of the city.

Cheers
Darko.

mmulhern
25th January 2010, 06:48 PM
North in relation to me. Evidently Apple does not approve with this side of the city.

Cheers
Darko.

I live at "A", and like many others out here in the NorthWest, we'd hardly consider ourselves as silvertails of the North Shore.

Castle Towers is the retail hub of the northwest, and deserves to be Apple's next retail outlet.

Don't know how NextByte are going to take this "honour" as they have a storefront in the centre, and as well as their Baulkham Hills store.

Melodious
25th January 2010, 07:58 PM
This is Western Sydney, according to the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils:

http://www.wsroc.com.au/images/map.jpg

I should note for those not familiar with the geography, Castle Hill is near the bottom of "Baulkham Hills" area ie relatively close to Blacktown and Parramatta.

When you add in the 3 member councils of MACROC, you have 14 councils that are defined as Greater Western Sydney: Auburn, Bankstown, The Hills, Blacktown, Blue, Mountains, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Holroyd, Liverpool, Parramatta and Penrith. Camden, Campbelltown, Wollondilly.

1.8 million people live in Greater Western Sydney, 43% of Sydney's population. Greater Western Sydney is the third largest economy in Australia (after Sydney CBD and Melbourne).

mmulhern
25th January 2010, 08:41 PM
I just googled after being told by someone who works nearby. I'm up at towers now. It's inbetween Maggie T and shop no 439 so I think prob shop 436-438.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7407/picture1izn.png
MaggieT is shop 432 outside DJs, so it is probably the block 433/35/37.

NextByte are just down around the corner in shop 403.

I'll drop in one afternoon (Wednesday?) on my way home for some photos of what is going on.

Melodious
25th January 2010, 08:49 PM
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7407/picture1izn.png
MaggieT is shop 432 outside DJs, so it is probably the block 433/35/37.

NextByte are just down around the corner in shop 403.

I'll drop in one afternoon (Wednesday?) on my way home for some photos of what is going on.

Thanks for this :-) Went by the numbers I could see which were the 439/440 ones on the corner. BTW, the access corridor next to 437 (used to access bathrooms, storage and exit (?) is blocked off with a closed door and padlock (just the part that runs along 437, other part of corridor is as usual).

I was there today and it was just the black boarding with the standard random Castle Towers promotional images, no hint of what lies behind. Yet.

themessup
25th January 2010, 09:08 PM
Ooh, looks very interesting! O.o Just hoping for a Parramatta store now :)

MacRobbo
27th January 2010, 03:46 PM
In my opinion they need one out Campbelltown/ Liverpool way.

matthew858
27th January 2010, 04:07 PM
Doing some DA hunting:

The search for the DA leads me to the following:
https://epathway.thehills.nsw.gov.au/mvpub/user/ApplicationMaster/default.aspx?page=found&1=01/01/1995&2=27/01/2010&3=&4=5&4a=&6=F&7=&8=&11=6&12=14&13=Castle%20Street&14=Castle%20Hill&21=&22=

The problem? The list is very long and hard to search through. Every DA is also linked directly to the name of the company or genre of shop being worked on, so finding an Apple Store should be obvious. I went through almost every recent DA published in the last 18 months for the entire shopping centre, and I only turned up one possibility:
https://epathway.thehills.nsw.gov.au/mvpub/user/ApplicationMaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=684208
Description - "Structural works and relocation of services works for future tenancy consolidation"
This was submitted on 23/12/09 and approved 8/1/10

iJordie
6th February 2010, 08:14 PM
That wasn't there before! Castle Hill is now listed in the job applications.
http://img.skitch.com/20100206-fa7t5rm1h3t5s453iyaq7ffikd.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/jordieford/nwytk/screen-shot-2010-02-06-at-9.12.12-pm)

matthew858
6th February 2010, 08:44 PM
Very nice spot there :)

Sydney's 4th Apple Store confirmed, Castle Hill. So, anyone applied/going to apply?

mattydee
9th February 2010, 11:34 AM
there is a service hallway next to shop 437 - it MUST be an apple store!!

EZYHD
9th February 2010, 12:12 PM
I don't think I'd wanna be a dealer the way its going.

Saw one of these Apple stores in Honolulu over festive season, real nice shop and jam packed with people, plenty sales guys/gals too.

elnewb
9th February 2010, 12:36 PM
Next Byte is going to be pissssseeeeeeed! They only opened up in Towers very recently. (Everyone around here shortens Caste Towers to just Towers so I expect you all to do so as well!)

I can't wait for it to open up. It's really close to home for me. Saves a trip into the city and makes queueing up for product releases much more reasonable!

dotnet
9th February 2010, 01:00 PM
I can't wait for it to open up. It's really close to home for me. Saves a trip into the city and makes queueing up for product releases much more reasonable!

Hear, hear!

Cheers
Steffen.

jeloz
9th February 2010, 01:44 PM
Next Byte is going to be pissssseeeeeeed! They only opened up in Towers very recently. (Everyone around here shortens Caste Towers to just Towers so I expect you all to do so as well!)

That 'Towers' store opened in July 07 FYI - there is no doubt that Apple can see and execute the best retail locations with no care for its reseller channel.

The domination continues...Interesting how resellers will combat the stores, price no doubt is a good place to start with the computers!

Jeloz

Japester
9th February 2010, 01:50 PM
That 'Towers' store opened in July 07 FYI - there is no doubt that Apple can see and execute the best retail locations with no care for its reseller channel....

This would dismay me if it weren't for the fact that the Apple Store is a much better experience. George St. Sydney opened about 3 blocks away from two NextByte's.

decryption
9th February 2010, 02:00 PM
This would dismay me if it weren't for the fact that the Apple Store is a much better experience. George St. Sydney opened about 3 blocks away from two NextByte's.

Apple's Chadstone and Doncaster stores opened in centres that had CompNow stores in them already. Both have since closed :(

Phillo
9th February 2010, 03:34 PM
Apple's Chadstone and Doncaster stores opened in centres that had CompNow stores in them already. Both have since closed :(

The chadstone CompNow was a joke and not really worth the effort. However, Doncaster was different. CompNow actually made the effort with that store. But seriously.... how were they ever going to compete?

mvjs
9th February 2010, 04:09 PM

Really? When did the Computers Now at Doncaster Close? That's unfortunate.

u98925
9th February 2010, 04:10 PM
Take a photo sir.

..as requested -

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/323/img3465f.jpg

MacRobbo
9th February 2010, 04:56 PM
Its good that Apple sees a need for more retail stores in Australia, but they need to stop neglecting the south-west. I know plenty (i mean many) of people who buy Apple, and i know some think of it as the 'Mercedes' or 'Bentley' of computing. I was thinking of an Apple store in the liverpool area.

Byron Creek
9th February 2010, 05:50 PM
Its good that Apple sees a need for more retail stores in Australia, but they need to stop neglecting the south-west. I know plenty (i mean many) of people who buy Apple, and i know some think of it as the 'Mercedes' or 'Bentley' of computing. I was thinking of an Apple store in the liverpool area.

I'm always thinking of an Apple Store in the Liverpool area. Liverpool Westfields to be exact, less than a kilometre from my place! :)

Liverpool does serve a large area of Sydney and it's not all unemployable bogans out here. There are plenty of households with high disposable incomes within a 10km radius of Liverpool.

Tim E
9th February 2010, 06:03 PM
Great news, now I dont have to travel to Chatswood.
:)

Flufffy
9th February 2010, 07:40 PM
:) awesome new store

Joey1983
9th February 2010, 07:44 PM
Wow, Castle Hill. Well there you go.

C'mon Apple, send some love down south already...

Byron Creek
9th February 2010, 07:45 PM
I can confirm another store in Sydney

more to come

Please let it be the Liverpool Westfield store!

Parramatta is not far from Castle Hill, so I think a Liverpool store would make more sense.

Joey1983
9th February 2010, 07:47 PM
Miranda FTW!

billenya
9th February 2010, 09:06 PM
It would be even better if Apple opened stores in each State, rather than 4, 5 in one city so quickly... it's a little too far for some of us to travel interstate just to see a Genius, for example!

Byron Creek
9th February 2010, 09:12 PM
It would be even better if Apple opened stores in each State, rather than 4, 5 in one city so quickly... it's a little too far for some of us to travel interstate just to see a Genius, for example!

I wouldn't hold your breath for an Apple Store in Hobart, but it would be very cool to have an Apple Store on the Apple Isle! :)

billenya
9th February 2010, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath for an Apple Store in Hobart, but it would be very cool to have an Apple Store on the Apple Isle! :)

Oh I know we're far, far down the list of locations! Maybe one day... perhaps an Apple kiosk or 'lite' version would suffice lol

ryan2615
12th February 2010, 05:19 PM
Common one in the Canberra Centre would be perfect.....

6andy6
13th February 2010, 10:36 AM
I still thinks its incredible that Apple havent opened a store in the CBD of Australias 2nd biggest city. That anyone that wants the Apple experience living in the inner burbs (and they do have a lot of money and would be a prime target demographic) has to travel to Doncaster and Chadstone - both centres at least 15 klms from the the city and hardly convenient for the wealthy suburbs sweeping up from bayside (Brighton, Sandringham etc up thro Elsternwick, Sth Yarra, Armadale and Toorak).

Japester
13th February 2010, 10:44 AM
I want another one in Sydney CBD, not to buy stuff, but for the Genius Bar. People know about it now and you have to book about a week in advance. When the store opened, I could walk into the Genius Bar and be seen in about 15 minutes, without booking.

Another CBD store would give us another Genius Bar. New York has multiple, why not Sydney? I think it will come.

Apple_4_Brisbane
13th February 2010, 05:30 PM
^^
I agree. But Manhattan is a LOT bigger than the CBD so we shouldn't be expecting anything dramatic, or in the near future.

I would like to see the rail lines that lead into Central Station sunk and a new inner city village (ala Soho) built on top...Apple would be great there :p

Phormic
13th February 2010, 09:22 PM
Another CBD store would give us another Genius Bar. New York has multiple, why not Sydney? I think it will come.

I guess they're hoping that the Bondi Junction store, which really isn't located that far away, will ease some of the load.

Having said that, we don't even have official confirmation on that store yet.

Joey1983
13th February 2010, 10:38 PM
we don't even have official confirmation on that store yet.

It's up on the jobs page of the Apple website.

elnewb
17th February 2010, 01:54 PM
Got a panoramic shot of the site the other week while out shopping. Made with DoubleTake. It's a bit dark but I was trying to show some perspective of it's location. It's across on the same level. Directly above the DoubleTake watermark. It's not in a very busy spot which I find odd but maybe they were just desperate to break in Towers.

http://elnewb.com/images/Castle%20Towers%20Apple%20Store.jpg

themessup
13th May 2010, 08:26 PM
I'm heading into Castle Towers this weekend to do some clothes shopping so I'll check out the location and take some photos for you guys and myself :)

Tom.

themessup
15th May 2010, 05:27 PM
Just came back. Looks pretty much the same. Had a peak inside and still looks like there's a fair bit to go.

u98925
20th June 2010, 03:54 PM
Went past there today....no change and couldn't see inside :-(

TheWatchman
21st June 2010, 10:50 AM
God damnit, I want a south sydney store :(

idiesel
22nd June 2010, 07:06 PM
God damnit, I want a south sydney store :(
What are you talking about!

You've got two within 10 mins from you - City and Bondi

Dolce_Vita
1st July 2010, 05:36 PM
I managed to get a picture of the inside in between the wooden paneling..

there's still a fair bit to go, it seems likely that it will open for the iPhone 4 launch?
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4014/img0925i.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/img0925i.jpg/)

pauly205
15th July 2010, 10:46 AM
Does anyone have a clue when the Castle Hill Store is due to open? Any inside info would be great!

Dolce_Vita
17th July 2010, 07:05 PM
I think it'll open around July 30th for the iPhone 4 launch, like the Bondi Junction store opened for the iPad launch...

joshodermatt
17th July 2010, 10:36 PM
Looks interesting. Been in the making for a while now.
Wonder if staff have been organised. They will most likely rush it like the Bondi store.

Ben™
20th July 2010, 08:56 PM
I'd say that the length in the build for the Towers store has been mainly to do with having to knock out a lot of wall from the space where there used to be 2 or 3 stores.

It's great to see that they're opening in Castle Hill. I always predicted it wouldn't be long before they opened either in Towers or just down the road at Parramatta Westfield.
No more trekking it to Chatswood Chase for rude staff and a maze of escalators and lifts.

ts10
21st July 2010, 05:37 PM
No more trekking it to Chatswood Chase for rude staff and a maze of escalators and lifts.

There's one set of stairs and one escalator from the street to the store on the left...

sparky13
23rd July 2010, 06:14 PM
Sounds awesome :) I live out that way (10 mins drive) and I hadn't heard of it being opened

Subscribed :)

idiesel
23rd July 2010, 11:17 PM
why all the deleted posts?

Job in jeopardy?

decryption
24th July 2010, 12:10 AM
why all the deleted posts?

Job in jeopardy?

yep ;)

Benturi
26th July 2010, 03:40 PM
Any news on this store?

Possibly opening for iPhone 4 launch? Or is that too early?

soccer10
28th July 2010, 03:55 PM
can anybody please give me a rough timeline of when the apple store is opening in castle towers, i would love to get a job there, despite the trek from western sydney. Is it anytime soon or a few months away?

sparky13
28th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Someone above said they already got a job there and they've started training at another store

scritch
28th July 2010, 08:45 PM
I was just walking past this afternoon inside Castle Towers Shopping Centre, Castle Hill, and noticed this:

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7761/cimg0009s.jpg

Previously it was just black boards, and whilst we knew it was coming it's good to see them being loud and proud. Now we just need an opening date :)

Regards,
Shane.

zacbookpro
28th July 2010, 09:39 PM
Honestly I'm pretty sure that's the only store that will work in that location in the shopping center!

Previously there has been at least 3 or 4 stores opening and closing over the last few years. Pretty dead corner.

scritch
28th July 2010, 10:26 PM
Agreed, however it is a good place to put it as it is central in the overall layout, and the aesthetics (space, lighting etc) will brighten that corner right up.

Not to mention lines for product launches have less chance of pissing off other stores :)

Regards,
Shane.

Porkerpig89
29th July 2010, 03:04 PM
http://touch.facebook.com/?w2m#/photos.php?pid=30958146&id=1153897737
:shocked:

sparky13
29th July 2010, 07:02 PM
^ Image failed :(

idiesel
29th July 2010, 10:16 PM
Is it in the spot that used to have Bras 'N' Things?:naughty:

roboboy
14th August 2010, 12:30 AM
opens next thursday? free shirts?

down south next time?

Verity
16th August 2010, 10:10 AM
Hey guys,

My step dad got an email about the opening of the apple store this morning. The store will open at 5pm this Thursday (19th). They have the stores details up on the apple website now. Apple Retail Store - Castle Towers (http://www.apple.com/au/retail/castletowers/?cid=CDM-AU-P0009641-Retail-CastleTowers&Email_PageName=P0009641-163300&Email_OID=7e883ec6790190904f552d22d296ce39&cp=em-P0009641-163300&sr=em)

themessup
16th August 2010, 03:48 PM
Hey guys,

My step dad got an email about the opening of the apple store this morning. The store will open at 5pm this Thursday (19th). They have the stores details up on the apple website now. Apple Retail Store - Castle Towers (http://www.apple.com/au/retail/castletowers/?cid=CDM-AU-P0009641-Retail-CastleTowers&Email_PageName=P0009641-163300&Email_OID=7e883ec6790190904f552d22d296ce39&cp=em-P0009641-163300&sr=em)

Sweet! Thanks

sparky13
16th August 2010, 04:03 PM
Apparently they're giving away free T-shirts to the first 1000 through the doors

Domenic
16th August 2010, 04:59 PM
Will they have the iPhone 4 for sale?

themessup
16th August 2010, 06:14 PM
Will they have the iPhone 4 for sale?

I hope so, wanting to buy one. They would be stupid to not have stock with such big crowds.

u98925
16th August 2010, 06:24 PM
I hope so, wanting to buy one. They would be stupid to not have stock with such big crowds.

Went to Chatswood Apple store today and walked out with an iPhone 4....easy.

themessup
17th August 2010, 08:54 PM
Went to Chatswood Apple store today and walked out with an iPhone 4....easy.

What time? Was there even a que? :p

u98925
17th August 2010, 08:58 PM
What time? Was there even a que? :p

Was around 1pm.....and yes there was a queue as the store staff were on rotating lunch breaks.

Waited for perhaps 15 minutes tops.