PDA

View Full Version : Telstra App?

mreddie
22nd January 2010, 06:29 PM
Just gone on Telstra pre paid and the general Bigpond iphone app seems woeful. Is there an iphone app or web app that will allow me to to do:

- Prepaid top ups
- Check usage
- Buy data packs...

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do all of this other than do the top ups on a computer / phone which is painful.

Any ideas ???

Thanks

Lutze
22nd January 2010, 06:37 PM
Get someone in a T-Life store to show you the method using the menus on the iPhone.

I think it's #100* and follow the menus - it's all on screen and I found it to be really good....

Meh 626
22nd January 2010, 06:38 PM
Dial #100#

I use it for recharges, purchasing browse packs and checking balance.

Sebastianmonty
22nd January 2010, 06:59 PM
Dial #100#

I use it for recharges, purchasing browse packs and checking balance.

+1 I tried Consume but it gives dates of browse packs expiring and not when the main credit expires.
Also, I found that on the Talk and text offer with 250txt/mins for $60 that when I recharged on the 29th day my credit and free txts/mins rolled over. I recharged with $60 again but I was told by Telstra that the free mess/mins wouldn't roll over.
Go telstra!!

samuelowens
22nd January 2010, 06:59 PM
I hope http://forums.mactalk.com.au/18/78942-tips-tricks-using-iphone-telstra-pre-paid.html is of assistance... :)

mreddie
22nd January 2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks Samuel, some great shortcuts that I'll certainly use. I'm surprised Telstra haven't developed a proper App that does all this.

mreddie
23rd January 2010, 08:50 AM
Samuel do you have a shortcut to make a $30 or $40 top up from the phone?

samuelowens
23rd January 2010, 09:44 AM
Because you'd need to store your credit card number in plain text on your phone, or you may want to recharge by voucher, I'd recommend against putting a direct link in.

#125*1# brings up the menus though needed to recharge.

mreddie
23rd January 2010, 10:02 AM
Great thanks so much, these instructions have been really handy. Cheers mate.

Anthonyw
23rd January 2010, 08:01 PM
Unfortunately an app can't be made to do all the Telstra prepaid stuff. I got 90% of the way and then realised the sdk won't let you dial numbers with * & # s. When dialling from an app it auto removes those symbols from the number being dialled. Very frustrating.

mreddie
23rd January 2010, 08:32 PM
Yeah it's a shame Anthony, a proper App is definitely needed. And I can't see Telstra getting off their a$r@ anytime soon to develop one.

mattydee
23rd January 2010, 09:46 PM
would it be possible to put your telstra online details into an app and it goes and negotiates the website for you and does the recharge?

like how consume goes and grabs the usage text from the websites?

if i were better at PHP and ajax i would have a stab at a web app myself :P