PDA

View Full Version : Printing photos in australia - from Lonodn

jamman
17th July 2004, 01:49 AM
I live in London - it's a long story - and want to find a way to send some pics from my G4powerbook to a photo lab in australia. They would then print them out, mail them to various people in australia (family, that sort of thing). I don't think iphoto works for printing in Australia (?) and when I look at other outlets like www.agfanet.com or the kodak equivalent it's all based around windows software. (To be fair, agfanet has a mac client - but its an old one and the prices are old too, as in too high).

Does anyone know of a place I can use? I'd be doing this on a semi-regular basis if I can find a way to do it. Even if I have to do it a bit manually (ftp or whatever) it'd be a vast improvement on what I do now, which is burn the pics to cd then mail the physical cd to my folks.

Alessiman
17th July 2004, 08:05 AM
Try these guys.

http://www.digitalphotoprint.com.au/dpp2/login.asp

I use them to print my 10*8's. And at $1.45 what more can I ask :-)

The ones I use are not on photographic paper. But the quality is still superb.

You might also want to port on passionforpixels which I am a member of also

There is a discussion forum about photo labs in oz there.

Hey I noticed you live in London. I love that city. One of the most photogenic cities I have visited

http://homepage.mac.com/hlouey

For my pics of London and Beyond.

Henry

Byrd
17th July 2004, 02:24 PM
Why not just burn the images to CD (take it into a local PC store?), then hand the CD over to a London photo lab.

Pretty much all photo labs now even accept your camera's flash memory card and can dump the images onto CD-R as well.

JB

jamman
18th July 2004, 10:00 AM
why don't i print them out in London and then mail them over?? that's what i do now. which is why i posted my question - read it again.

if i was still using a stoopid windows box i could download the agfanet or kodak client, get the pics printed out in australia and mailed out for 50c each. all i'm asking is whether there's a similar service i can use from a mac as opposed to a windows box.

theReasonableMan
12th September 2005, 08:23 AM
Now that these guys seem to be gone (or "in hiatus") - can anybody recommend another site with a similar service?

chocho
12th September 2005, 10:22 AM
or you can go to, www.bigw.com.au and use their on line photo processing service! once you upload your images, a friend or relative can go collect and pay for them from the specified store anywhere in australia. at 20c a print and on agfa photographic paper developed through the proper chemical process, you can't really go wrong! i believe you can do similar with, www.teds.com.au

good luck

:)

yinyang
12th September 2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by theReasonableMan@Sep 12 2005, 08:23 AM
Now that these guys seem to be gone (or "in hiatus") - can anybody recommend another site with a similar service?
try these people - very reasonable pricing...

http://www.rgbdigital.com.au/

varsis
12th September 2005, 11:36 AM
why don't you put the pictures on the internet and tell the people to download them?

Bart Smastard
12th September 2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by varsis@Sep 12 2005, 11:36 AM
why don't you put the pictures on the internet and tell the people to download them?
Maybe because Jamman's folks are like mine and don't posses a computer.
At least try and think outside the square :blink:

I think the options Chocho presented is exactly what Jamman is looking for.

emacmark
12th September 2005, 02:06 PM
http://bigw.com.au/ and go to their photo shop.

edit: but not until December, sorry.

richbowen
12th September 2005, 02:14 PM
I use Extrafilm

www.extrafilm.com.au

4 x 5.25" 25c
4 x 6" 25c
5 x 7" 33c
6 x 8" $ 1.50
8 x 10" $ 3.00
8 x 12" $ 3.00

plus $2.50 postage within Aust.

Quality is fine for my purposes (sending to relatives).

Nice feature is that your photos stay on their server for 30 days, so if you want to make a subsequent order you don't have to upload the photos again each order.