PDA

View Full Version : Applications keep closing down when going into sleep

missmakeupgrrl
18th January 2010, 03:22 PM
Hey there

I have the latest updated version of Snow Leopard - but this problem was happening with Leopard too (and I was really hoping it'd just go away)

Each time I wake my computer out of sleep, it has got a bunch of messages (I will update this when I get home with the exact wording) about the system wanting to close down Safari. Safari kicks back and wont let it close without me authorising it, but Firefox closes each time. I tried reading my system logs a while back - but didn't really know what I was hunting for.

Anyone got any ideas on this??

Also, would LOVE if anyone has any WOL suggestions - can't access my computer from things like logmein once its gone to sleep.

TIA!

MMG

iPirate
19th January 2010, 08:56 PM
Okay wtf... is your computer trying to shut down or something when you send it to sleep? That's all I can think of at the moment.

Also the reason you cannot access anything when it goes to sleep is because on anything other than the server-style macs they put all hardware to sleep (Okay, not totally true, I have anecdotal evidence of being able to wake iMac's over ethernet, maybe a laptop can wake on ethernet too? Wifi networking while sleeping is a no-hoper. That definitely shuts down).

This seems quite strange, I am interested to see how this works out.

Alec Fraser
19th January 2010, 09:12 PM
Not strictly true...the new macs can wake over wifi when they're paired with a new Airport Extreme or Time Machine.

To the OP, how are you putting the laptop to sleep?