PDA

View Full Version : App's not opening on my phone anymore!

ManHeat
17th January 2010, 11:53 AM
I've rebooted, checked for updates but still every time i try and open an app it quickly looks like it's opening then flashes back to the main screen!
Anyone be able to help out?
Peace

ZeMule
17th January 2010, 12:26 PM
Restore from a back up in itunes is really the only step left. If that fails to help then head to an apple store (hope youre near one) for a replacement. Or you can get apple to mail you a replacement. Good luck

LennyX
17th January 2010, 12:38 PM
Before you restore from backup, try just installing a free app from the App Store. Sometimes that magically fixes that problem.

cowzy
17th January 2010, 03:02 PM
last time that happened to me, I just connected to my laptop and synced with itunes then it was all sweet.

matthew858
17th January 2010, 03:03 PM
Short fix:
Install a free app from your iPhone, your device will fix itself

Long answer:
The issue is an authentication problem with the App Store where your iPhone suddenly believes that it isn't licensed to launch apps bought with that iTunes account, so the home screen/Springboard quits the app so you can't use it. To fix, just launch the App Store on the iPhone, then just buy a free app. By entering in your details, the iPhone then knows that it can run apps obtained from that account.

bolle
17th January 2010, 03:31 PM
sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but if you actually do have 2 accounts for 2 different countries, is it just tough luck that i can't use my paid for Aussie apps now that i've switched to a U.K account on the phone? I don't really want to rebuy them tbh

tks

matthew858
17th January 2010, 04:12 PM
No, the amount of accounts you have shouldn't be an issue. If you wish to change accounts, just go Settings -> Store -> Sign Out and log in with your other account.

ManHeat
18th January 2010, 07:48 AM
Problem solved. Free app did the trick. Thank you guys. :)