PDA

View Full Version : Chomp App

Peter Wells
17th January 2010, 03:06 AM
Hey kids. By gar its been a while!

Anyhoo, i just thought i'd let you know of a little app that released last week, and (full disclosure) was put together by an interwebs friend on mine.

It goes by the name of Chomp (http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/chomp/id348286549?mt=8) (itunes link) and basically its a little app thats half app store reviews, half twitter i guess. Its pretty fucking slick, but it needs more reviewers on it to really pick up steam. To be fair, it needs a few more features too, but the kids behind it are very clever and I have complete faith that the features i want will end up in future releases.

The bottom line is if you're the kind of person that spends half their spare time in the App store looking for new stuff to download, then you really should download this app.

Btw, if this post seems like some kind of spam or shill for a friend, please don't read it that way. I just trust the people behind this app in the same way i'd trust those crazy kids at Bjango (fuck you Marc, 4 million on Kapowie is impossible!) Anyhoo, just thought i'd share...

decryption
17th January 2010, 10:28 PM
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought "sweet, an app dedicated to the Chomp chocolates" - but upon further inspection, found something less exciting, but probably way more useful.

If anyone wants to add me to their list of contacts in Chomp, I am "decryption" - hopefully people review more apps and it gets more info on more apps.

bennyling
18th January 2010, 06:33 AM
Paging Donnie Darko to thread.

I'm "bling" on there, add me if you want.

wmyeoh
18th January 2010, 08:18 AM
Great idea, I look forward to stalking many people on this app.

matthew858
18th January 2010, 09:09 AM
Rather neat app idea!

I'm mattie in the app.

reemixx
18th January 2010, 09:56 AM
I've been using Chomp for a little while now, and I'm finding it pretty damn helpful. I gave up scavenging through the App Store just to find some semi-interesting apps; clearly, that's not the most efficient way to do it. This way is much better, and will be better still when everyone jumps on board and there's more reviews and more of your buddies on there. The app is pretty solid for a first release, too. Looking forward to more features though.

And since everyone else is doing it, I'm RLFloyd on Chomp, so add me. ;)

kyte
18th January 2010, 04:00 PM
likewise, and not surprisingly, i am kyte

sobie2000
18th January 2010, 06:12 PM
sobie2000 here

I like it.