PDA

View Full Version : me mailbox

olfella
13th January 2010, 03:54 PM
I am a bit confused (easy to do!!) about the alias function in me mailbox. I was looking for a way to have a separate mailbox for a little business enterprise I am hopeful of starting. S am I right in thinking that if I set up an 'alias' in me, that all mail sent there would be redirected to my main me mailbox? I hve tried Gmail etc but the name I would like to use is not available and if I use my internode address it is a mouthful to say .....@internode.on.net.
Cheers - Eric:confused:

Fish001
13th January 2010, 07:29 PM
If you go into Preferences for Mail and set up another account, that is, chose the Accounts icon second from the left and then click the plus button down the bottom and follow the prompts, you'll end up with another mailbox that you can look at individually, or you can click on Inbox and have all your different account's mail shown together. I have several accounts for different purposes and do it this way.

If by me mail you mean MobileMe then I'm not sure about the alias giving you a separate mailbox but it would be easy to try.

Hope this helps a little bit.