PDA

View Full Version : Mail App auto filling email address

mallo
13th January 2010, 08:27 AM
Hi Guys,

My Dad just gave me a call with a question that stumped me, so I told him I'd get back to him (get back to him = i'm going to post on here for help).

He runs his own business and made the switch to mac around 18months ago, and has loved it, I've got him setup using mail.app for all his emails...

One of his clients recently moved to a different company, but is still his client, as such the said clients email address has now changed. What he's now encountering though is that when he creates a new email, and starts typing the clients name into the "to" field, it suggests the clients old email address as well as his new one. Dad is wanting to be able to stop the old one being suggested, so he doesn't accidentally select that instead of the new one.

Things to note:

- He has made sure the clients old email address is no longer in address book.

- The reason its important to make sure this mistake doesn't happen is that emails he sends often contains sensitive information that he wouldn't want shared with a competitor to his client.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BeePee
13th January 2010, 10:10 AM
Go into Mail, click on Window, delete previous Recipients and that should fix it.

mallo
13th January 2010, 10:25 AM
Go into Mail, click on Window, delete previous Recipients and that should fix it.

Exactly what i was after, thanks BeePee.

Cheers