PDA

View Full Version : networking internet through virtual pc 6

_xfire
15th July 2004, 01:43 PM
ok so because the ATO is SHITE, and won't release an OSX version of etax, i have decided to do my tax return through virtual pc (please note: no i didn't buy vpc just for this reason!) anyway i can't get a network running between the pc (win 98se) and the mac. i called up my isp (tel$tra) and they were no help, they said that it can be done but they don't know how (groan...)
has anyone set up a network to share internet between the virtual pc and a mac in the past? can you help? please?
i need my tax return dollars to supplement my mac addiction!

Disko
15th July 2004, 01:47 PM
Since this is a networking/software topic, i'm moving it to The Apple Software forum. :)

elvis
15th July 2004, 03:18 PM
Back up two seconds..

You have one single machine, running MacOSX with Virtual PC on top of this, correct? And also, you have a simple ethernet broadband device connecting you to the internet, correct?

If so, you simply have to enable the virtual networking so that the Virtual Windows install has access to your ethernet device, and therefor web access. This is pretty clearly documented in the VirtualPC documentation on how to share network devices with virtual opterating systems.

_xfire
15th July 2004, 04:54 PM
funny how looking in the manual is all the help you need.
thanks for the push!