PDA

View Full Version : Widget Duplicated

Georgina EG
12th August 2005, 07:16 PM
I clicked onto an icon tucked away in a window, and ended up with two television programme widgets. How do I delete one when I can't access my trash icon?

iSlayer
12th August 2005, 07:22 PM
hold down the option key and move the mouse over the second widget.
a little "x" will appear in the top left.click it and it will close it

The Architect.mac
12th August 2005, 07:23 PM
Im not sure if this a simple one or not

You should just be able to click the bottom left X on your dashboard and you will be presented with you widget list horizontally across the bottom of the screen and all your widgets will have close X in their top left hand corner.

If you have 10.4.2 then you can open the widget manager as well and close widgets from in there as well.

If I totally missed the mark on the question, the just trash the widget and redownload and install it.

Cheers

snax
12th August 2005, 07:26 PM
You are able to drag out multiple copies of any widget. This can be really useful, for example having multiple sticky notes on Dashboard.

Georgina EG
12th August 2005, 08:02 PM
Success, thank you iSlayer. And the Architecture.mac's suggestion found me the flight tracker which I was wondering how to get, but where's the widget manager? And yes, I have 10.4.2

Disko made some widgets available for me, but it seems there are more I didn't know I had. He probably told me, but with so much more new information to absorb, it must have slipped past me. It's certainly simpler when you know how.

Georgina EG
12th August 2005, 11:37 PM
Found the widget manager.

sikosis
14th August 2005, 10:31 AM
The other way is to fully launch Dashboard ...

Launch Dashboard, then click on the (+) in the bottom left hand corner, this then shows the X on all widgets.

Good for finding those rogue widgets :thumbup: