PDA

View Full Version : Multi Isp Usage Meter

mac_man_luke
12th August 2005, 02:36 PM
http://www.widgetdeveloper.com/widget.php?id=163

Usage meter for Bigpond, TPG and Internode, with more ISPs on the cards also i plan to make more skins.

Disko
12th August 2005, 02:40 PM
been using it for a few days now. nice work. :thumbup:

marc
12th August 2005, 02:57 PM
5/5 for me!

LOVE IT. It's earned a permanent spot on my dashboard.

Thanks Luke.

purana
12th August 2005, 03:05 PM
WestNet support would be good, and if you need testing and whatever else for this ISP I am sure I can organise it. I am a WestNet customer, and besides I have probably a good relationship with the support people due to the fact I had some issues a few months back which took some months to sort out.

marc
12th August 2005, 03:12 PM
Two suggestions:

1 :: Less decimal places for the remaining figure... maybe just 1? ie "12200.5mb" rather than "12200.525mb". And maybe "MB" instead of "mb".

2 :: The passwords don't seem to be encrypted in the widget's preferences file. It'd be nice if they were.

mac_man_luke
12th August 2005, 04:37 PM
1. I thought i was already rounding that off, ill look into it

2. Its not actually possible to encrypt them in the preferences file but the other day in the dashboard mailing list someone mentioned there was a plugin that will store it in the keychain for you so i might implement that

The Architect.mac
12th August 2005, 05:13 PM
Awesome

I had trouble with the original Bigpond one, but now this version is working sweet for Bigpond and stats match my windows bigpond toolbar.

outstanding - congrats

cheers

marc
12th August 2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks Luke.

The password thing isn't a big issue, because someone would need access to your computer to find it. But it'd be nice :)

queraxus
12th August 2005, 05:55 PM
I second the rounding off comment.

Al Aero
12th August 2005, 06:16 PM
ozemail support?

al

mac_man_luke
12th August 2005, 06:21 PM
Yea, ill see whats up with that not rounding off!

Also i forgot to mention that for bigpond this widget now gets the data from the usage webpage instead of the slow outdated XML file

zac
12th August 2005, 07:46 PM
Optus would be fantastic too. Cheers

Jaffa
12th August 2005, 07:55 PM
I use aaNet (www.aanet.com.au). Would it be possible to incorporate that into one of your future releases?

Jeff

mac_man_luke
12th August 2005, 07:56 PM
Optus is half implemented but its got some issues and its hard to debug without a username/password

aaNet, ill look into it

marc
13th August 2005, 12:11 AM
I think you've opened a can of worms Luke. Now everyone wants this for their ISP :)

mac_man_luke
13th August 2005, 03:43 PM
Good thing most of them are easier and use similar methods unlike optus and bigpond :|

the_OM
13th August 2005, 04:15 PM
Awesome widget.
Definitely one of the best for australian users (well the ones who use bigpond, tpg & internode)

Thanks!!

kit
23rd August 2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for this!

(I'm on TPG, works great).

I concur with the others in saying that I think it should be measured to one DP, but it seems you're looking at that already.

Oh and as a matter of interest, do you check to see if the ISP uses 1024 B per K or 1000 B per K?

As in, if it says we hit 20, are we actually used up, or do we have 24 more bytes per K to use yet?

tommelbourne
23rd August 2005, 11:41 AM
Hey Luke, im using Netspace (http://www.netspace.net.au), if it ain't too much trouble is there any chance you may be able to incorporate it into your widget? I have been hanging out for something like this, and thanks to developers like yourself who actually interact with the end user i might finally get my wish!

qaz
7th September 2005, 12:02 PM
Love the concept of this widget. I hope you can incorporate Exetel into the widget very soon???

phoenixonline
1st October 2005, 02:22 PM
Hmm i just stumbled across this thread. Im the developer of a number (5 ISP Usage widgets) and thought i would post a link for you guys!

http://phoenixonline.co.uk/widgets/

-Netspace
-Optus
-iiNet
-aaNet
-OzEmail

Check them out! - Richard

Al Aero
1st October 2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by phoenixonline@Oct 1 2005, 02:22 PM
Hmm i just stumbled across this thread. Im the developer of a number (5 ISP Usage widgets) and thought i would post a link for you guys!

-Netspace
-Optus
-iiNet
-aaNet
-OzEmail

Have been looking for a Ozemail widget for ages!!

thank you so much

al :)

phoenixonline
1st October 2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Al Aero@Oct 1 2005, 02:44 PM
Have been looking for a Ozemail widget for ages!!

thank you so much

al :)
That's Quite all-right!

-Richard

ETHERSPIN
7th October 2005, 10:09 PM
brilliant!!! thanks for the ozemail.. very much appreciated! :D

tommelbourne
8th October 2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by phoenixonline@Oct 1 2005, 02:22 PM
Hey Richard, nice one on the Netspace widget, it works really well!

Thanks a million,

Tom

ETHERSPIN
8th October 2005, 09:08 AM
the ozemail one seems to lock up,i enter my details and press done, a red box appears with the exclamation mark and seems to stay that way.. i click on the "i" and reenter, a couple of times ive got invalid login message,could any of this be because im currently "shaped" as ive gone over the 10gig limit for this month?

ETHERSPIN
8th October 2005, 09:11 AM
sorry just occured to me you arent the author, you posted links for us.. cheers man.. ill figure it out

Kildare
15th October 2005, 10:23 AM
This stopped working for anyone else on Bigpond?
Just continually loading?

Tried re-installing. :(

the_OM
15th October 2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah Kildare, same problem here.

The Architect.mac
15th October 2005, 11:05 AM
Hey it did too - on bigpond

marc
15th October 2005, 03:33 PM
Maybe they changed the way they format their data.

mac_man_luke
15th October 2005, 03:37 PM
Ill try to fix this ASAP, bigpond changed the layout of there usage meter page that i was scrapping

Hope to get it out tonight

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kildare
18th October 2005, 08:26 PM
Any luck with it? :blink:

mac_man_luke
18th October 2005, 10:52 PM
Sorry, im working on it

They have done some strange changes but ill get it

DJY
13th November 2005, 10:48 AM
Netspace users...
pHEONIXonline (from over at Whirlpool) has just updated his widget for Netspace to v1.06.
now includes different coloured bars dependent on how much of your monthly download limit you have used up.
Netspace widget (http://phoenixonline.co.uk/widgets/)

[Hope this isn't an illegal post - either mentioning other forum / user. Apologies if it does and I can edit / or I'm sure Mods / Admin will fix]

iPete
14th November 2005, 11:02 PM
the orginal link in this post returns this message:

Error: 2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

i don't know what that means.

kit
15th November 2005, 10:32 AM
One other bug with the widget: I'm on TPG, and was (formerly) on a 20GB plan. Now they've upgraded the plan to a 25GB limit, though the widget still reports 20.

The TPG account website shows 25.

Kildare
11th December 2005, 08:03 PM
Any luck on the Bigpond issue?
Or does anyone know of alternative widgets for Telstra? :(

Wheels
11th December 2005, 08:24 PM
Mine is just stuck at "loading" for Telstra Bigpond.

Currawong
11th December 2005, 09:18 PM
It looks like that widget, along with the whole site, hasn't been updated in some months.

morpheme2004
11th December 2005, 10:42 PM
http://www.phoenixonline.co.uk/widgets/

This is the one I use for optusnet. Also has iinet, netscape, and a few others (ozimail included). Works well

mac_man_luke
12th December 2005, 02:10 AM
I havent had time to update it sorry, ill try asap to get it going but iv been busy with real work and im goin away soon for a few weeks

DJY
4th March 2006, 06:19 AM
Anyone else using the Netspace widget had problems lately?

Mine stopped working when I started a new month two days ago?!

nateb
8th March 2006, 12:27 PM
is the optusnet one working or has it stopped like most of the others?

DJY
21st October 2007, 09:05 AM

-Netspace
-Optus
-iiNet
-aaNet
-OzEmail

URGENT request...

I have been using this Netspace widget since it came out...
Noticed yesterday that there was an upgrade (from 1.13 to 1.5) but an urgently looking for someone that still has 1.13!

Phoenixonline / Richard appears to have given the widget over to LemonJar - but they've made it an ugly black with even the colours of the progress bars looking paler and wishy washy...

I updated, and yes I have unfortunately deleted my trash... and now would love to be able to get a copy of 1.13 back. Richard's links and archive older versions aren't available, tried a few sources (including Apple) but can't find a v1.13 anywhere?

If anyone has it - or knows where I can find it - I'd appreciate an email or PM please!

Pheonix / Richard - if you are reading this - any chance you still have a copy somewhere?

DJY
24th October 2007, 09:55 PM
bump

Urgent plea for someone to be able to send me / help me out with Netspace widget v1.13?

EDIT: Found a copy in an email I'd sent a while back. Much happier with my red widget back.
Thanks to the couple of members who have since emailed me as well.

phoenixonline
8th November 2007, 05:55 PM
Ok guys, we have been listening. check the latest version for the super duper "Classic Look" option.

http://lemonjar.com/?p=products.widgets.netspace

Feel free to check out our other products and services while you're there!

-Rich

DJY
8th November 2007, 06:51 PM
Rich / phoenixonline / LemonLar!

WOW
Thanks Rich for listening... and hope I wasn't out of line.
Just grabbed it and will definitely go poking around your other products and services. Very grateful to this widget - and very happy to see the classic skin!

There are lots of back based widgets out there... so I was keen for the brighter colours - not only the background - but the coloured bars just seem brighter on the classic!

Thanks very much!!!!