PDA

View Full Version : MobAd blocker. Is it possible?

dekco
31st December 2009, 02:58 AM
Just curious if it is possible to block mobile ad in apps? Either original apps or thru jailbreak

kyte
31st December 2009, 06:37 AM
I don't think so... but why do you want to, they aren't very intrusive...

dekco
31st December 2009, 09:29 AM
To me I find it annoying. That's why I'm curious if it's possible to block. I know on paid apps ads are usually taken away.

Exocet
31st December 2009, 11:06 AM
To me I find it annoying. That's why I'm curious if it's possible to block. I know on paid apps ads are usually taken away.

So pay for the app?

gehenna
31st December 2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah seriously, are you that cheap that you'd rather get an app to block ads than pay for the app itself?

mallo
31st December 2009, 11:33 AM
Before you bight his head off, maybe he's refering to an app that doesn't offer a paid option?

dekco
31st December 2009, 01:21 PM
Before you bight his head off, maybe he's refering to an app that doesn't offer a paid option?

someone who thinks outside of the square. thanks mallo.

paper toss comes to mind immediately. I know there is a world tour rah rah, and what if it has an ad in it? What do i do then?

Yeah seriously, are you that cheap that you'd rather get an app to block ads than pay for the app itself?
if i was that cheap, i would have resorted to JB... and then i would be solving my problem by having all the apps in the world with no ad + no fee; and no need to have this thread.

So pay for the app?
And then what if there is no option to pay? Might help to think abit before making sweeping remarks. Or better still don't contribute if you don't know the answer.

kit
1st January 2010, 11:50 AM
Achieving this while on WiFi would be theoretically no problem (effectively set your DNS up so any MobAds requests on your network are sent to 127.0.0.1). When you're connected to 3G you've got nothing you control enough to fiddle with.

dekco
1st January 2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks kit. Maybe I'll just learn to live with it. It seems no one has a solution for it on 3G just yet. Also does anyone know how much bandwidth it takes? (mob ads that is!)