PDA

View Full Version : Macbook shutting of

sexyshazam
25th December 2009, 02:32 PM
Hey Guys
I have a white apple macbook 13 inch that i bought about a month ago second hand. The thing worked fine until recently i realised the hard drive clicks alot louder. But today when the power cord fell out for the battery it shut of and wouldnt turn on until i plugged it back in. The weird thing is my battery health is really good and at the bottom of the machine all the green lights are lighten up were the battery is.
Anyone have any ideas whats wrong? Just before it died in the morning i had been using it on the battery and it still had 2 hours battery life left so its strange to have it suddenly die.
Its a core 2 duo model rev A i think.
Thanks

Huy
25th December 2009, 02:44 PM
Might be time for a new battery.

Does the power cut out when you yank the cord off?

sexyshazam
25th December 2009, 02:53 PM
Yup it does but my battery is about 2 yrs old but its in perfect health according to coconut battery.

Huy
25th December 2009, 03:01 PM
I'd guess your battery is not holding a charge and it only works on AC. Easy test for that is if you pull the cord and it cuts off instantly.

I had this issue before - get a new battery, unfortunately.

sexyshazam
25th December 2009, 11:34 PM
I'd guess your battery is not holding a charge and it only works on AC. Easy test for that is if you pull the cord and it cuts off instantly.

I had this issue before - get a new battery, unfortunately.

But the strange thing is today my battery and my battery has always held its proper charge on all power settings i get 4.5 hours of battery and 2.5 on performance mode. Plus shouldnt the battery charge lights not flash if the battery is gone?

Thanks and merry xmas

sexyshazam
27th December 2009, 09:23 AM
Ok guys

Situation update. I tried callibrating it so i put it to charge and it charged from 85% to 100% but when i pulled the power cable out the laptop shut of so does this mean i need a new battery?