PDA

View Full Version : Editing "More Info" on mp3 file

cheekyage
20th December 2009, 06:09 PM
Hi guys,

I have a bunch of songs on MP3 which require changes to artist name, genre & title yet I am having difficulty making these amendments.

I am using Snow Leopard.

Any additional info on how to edit would be great.

Cheers

glitch
20th December 2009, 06:34 PM
Its poor netiquette to post exactly the same question on more than one forum.

But, import the tracks into iTunes, then control click on the file, select get info, select the Info tab and bob's your cross dressing aunty.

cheekyage
20th December 2009, 07:38 PM

But, import the tracks into iTunes, then control click on the file, select get info, select the Info tab and bob's your cross dressing aunty.

Yes I would rather receive feedback from different users as not everyone uses the same forums as a knowledge base.

But thanks for your feedback however I am wanting to edit without iTunes and thought this could be achievable via the MORE INFO window.

Exocet
20th December 2009, 08:36 PM
Come again? Just because you view multiple forums doesn't mean that everybody does. The original poster has only made the thread once on MacTalk and that's all that matters.

Mind your own netiquette.

To answer the question, the information you're wanting to edit is called "ID3 Tags". There's heaps of editors out there on the web, just google for "ID3 editor mac" and you'll have a smorgasbord of choice, eg ID3 Editor 1.14.11 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28200)

glitch
20th December 2009, 08:54 PM
Come again? .... The original poster has only made the thread once on MacTalk and that's all that matters.

Actually i was just pointing out its poor netiquette, as well as being against the rules on many forums where they will delete your posts if you post exactly the same question on another forum.

Exocet
20th December 2009, 08:56 PM
Actually i was just pointing out its poor netiquette, as well as being against the rules on many forums where they will delete your posts if you post exactly the same question on another forum.
Go on, show me where in the MacTalk Rules (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/faq.php) it says not to do that.