PDA

View Full Version : Which konfabulator widgets do you use?

Disko
14th July 2004, 01:27 PM
Hey everyone

I'm a bit of a fan of the ol' Konfabulator, and i was wondering what widgets other appletalk users tend to have open?

I have:

Weatherwidget - to tell me what is happening outside :P
Temperature Text - to tell me my CPU temp
Internode Usage Meter - the best node usage meter imo
mini iTunes Remote - For controlling iTunes
MultiNewsReader - for viewing RSS
Mail Bezel - gives me a popup with a preview of incoming mail

So. What do you use?

edit: post a pic as well, here's mine. :)

estoyloco
14th July 2004, 01:50 PM
Weather
Word of the day
Quotation managae
Mini Itunes remote <-- most handy&#33;
Gmail --&#62; until it started beeing buggy and revealing my password to me&#33;

here the pic edit:

Ozi
14th July 2004, 02:24 PM
I just got it... im using weather heaps, and also the itunes remote. Disko, how do you get the cool orange airport thing which tells you how much of your 12 Gig a month limit you have used? I assume you are on optus cable like me. :D

Disko
14th July 2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ozi@Jul 14 2004, 01:54 PM
Disko, how do you get the cool orange airport thing which tells you how much of your 12 Gig a month limit you have used? I assume you are on optus cable like me. :D
That airport thing is Internode&#39;s (http://www.internode.on.net/) logo. It is my Internode usage meter - as i mentioned in my post.

sillydog701
14th July 2004, 04:39 PM
Disko,
You can now download the updated Temperature Text (v.1.0.2) which fixes the problem of Japanese text in Celsius, Fahrenheit or Kevin.

Disko
14th July 2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks Sillydog. I&#39;ll do that now. :)

estoyloco
14th July 2004, 04:55 PM
hey disko how did you just select part of your screen in the picture??? can you do that just with short cuts i mean eg "apple +shift+????"

thanks..

sorry about posting my item in multiple places.. i didnt know about that rule... im was just trying to get max exposure&#33;

;)

Disko
14th July 2004, 05:08 PM
hah. that&#39;s okay estoyloco, it looks like your sale on ocau might be going well regardless. :)

:cmd: + shift + 4 allows you to drag a rectangle to capture. Hit space instead of dragging a rectangle, and you can capture specific windows.

Febs
14th July 2004, 07:00 PM
I was using the stock ticker, as I have a bit of both AAPL and MSFT (hey, I got the MSFT stock at an excellent price), the weather one and the search one....but I think I&#39;ll need a few more useful ones to convince me to register it.

Edit: Err..never mind. Browsing through the 689 widgets on http://www.widgetgallery.com as we speak. :)

"A Widget that uses drag and drop for creating TinyURLs."
^Very cool&#33; I love tinyurl.com

Anyone know if there&#39;s a BigPond usage meter (for cable)?

Cheers,
- Febs.

Splintered_Mind
15th July 2004, 01:10 AM
Hey all, I&#39;ve just been searching through the widget gallery, does anyone know if there is a widget for an aussie TV guide?

Any help appreciated :D

MightyAtom
15th July 2004, 01:46 AM
Here are my widgets, top to bottom:

Digital Clock.
Calendar .
Cubelt a weather widget, like Ambient Orb. (http://www.ambientdevices.com/cat/orb/orborder.html)
Offworld Time.
The Weather and three mini Weather widgets.