PDA

View Full Version : Elgato Eyetv 3.3

Devil rolla
17th December 2009, 08:24 AM
Got the email this morning. Sneaky buggers have a webapp so you can watch tv over 3g now to bypass the apple/AT&T issue.

Update to EyeTV 3.3

EyeTV 3.3 is now available and is a free software update for EyeTV 3 users. To update your software, launch EyeTV and select "Check for Updates" in the EyeTV menu, or click here.

Support for the new Live3G Web app

EyeTV 3.3 adds support for a new web app, Live3G, which enables you to watch live television on an iPhone anywhere over a 3G connection. The Live3G web app runs in the Safari browser on your iPhone. It's free and is available at https://live3g.eyetv.com.

The Live3G Web app is a nice complement to the EyeTV iPhone app. It does what the iPhone app cannot do, because Apple's agreement with AT&T prohibits iPhone apps that stream live TV over the cellular/3G network.

What's more, Web apps have access to TV-out on your iPhone. So as an added benefit of Live3G, you can watch live and recorded TV on a big screen television or projector by connecting your iPhone with a compatible cable.

Learn more:

Compare the Live3G web app with the EyeTV app
Your EyeTV on your iPhone
What are Web apps?
Watching videos on a TV with your iPhone

64-bit

EyeTV 3.3 now runs the H.264 video decoder as a 64-bit process. The H.264 video decoder is by far the most CPU-intensive part of EyeTV, and moving it to 64-bit has improved playback performance on Intel Macs with 64-bit processors by 10-20%.

Learn more:

How to tell if your Intel-based Mac has a 32-bit or 64-bit processor
About 64-bit computing

ajbeardy
17th December 2009, 08:32 AM
Just tested this, works quite well. Will depend on your signal strength..I wonder how much data it will use.

The new remotes now work also...Yeah.

Silver
17th December 2009, 10:47 AM
I wish they'd let you download the update and update remotely. Not having internet access on the computer where I'm running EyeTV makes the upgrade process annoying.

Anthonyw
17th December 2009, 11:02 AM
As a bonus u can use the web app on your mac to watch over the net too. These guys are brilliant. I would have happily paid for that. I have nothing but praise for elgato. Best piece of third party software/hardware I have bought in ages (and it just works!)

dotnet
17th December 2009, 11:20 AM
EyeTV 3.3 now runs the H.264 video decoder as a 64-bit process. The H.264 video decoder is by far the most CPU-intensive part of EyeTV, and moving it to 64-bit has improved playback performance on Intel Macs with 64-bit processors by 10-20%.

Sadly, digital FTA TV in Australia used MPEG2, not H.264.

Cheers
Steffen.

Lutze
17th December 2009, 05:57 PM
Sadly, digital FTA TV in Australia used MPEG2, not H.264.

Cheers
Steffen.

I think this refers to when you export a MPEG2 file to work on AppleTV / iPod / iPhone - as it's re-encoding it to H.264.

As you can see from this list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T#Countries_and_territories_using_DVB-T) very few places are using H.264 for broadcast just yet.

forno
18th December 2009, 08:10 AM
Anyone else having issues recording?

I updated my eyetv version 2.x to Version 3 and then to 3.3 lastnight and now it wont record an upcoming show.

I have icetv and it is giving me the current guide, yet when i click on any show it has now info attached to it.

I managed to record by setting up a schedule, not ideal but atleast I got the show.

gikku
18th December 2009, 08:26 AM
similar issue.
the recording schedule always defaults to 1/1/2000, or is it 2001? whatever.
It's unusable.