PDA

View Full Version : Second licence for iWork 09?

cambo3112
16th December 2009, 02:45 PM
Hi all,
I've just bought a shiny new MacBook for my partner for Christmas. I have owned a unibody MacBook for a bit over a year now and when I bought mine, I stupidly paid way too much for a copy of Office:mac. Long story short, I put up with that for about two weeks before shelling out for a copy of iWork 09, which I love and haven't looked back.

Anyways, my question is what my best bet for getting my partner up and running with an office suite?
1. Install my redundant copy of Office:mac on her computer (not ideal but at least it will cost nothing);
2. Buy a new copy of iWork;
3. Buy a second licence for my copy of iWork? (Is that possible and if so, how much does it cost?)

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Cam

leon
16th December 2009, 03:27 PM
What office suite do they prefer?

You could install your Office:Mac as well as the trial version of iWork 09. Let them decide which they prefer.

If they like iWork you can buy a serial number within the trial product which should be emailed out to you.

cambo3112
17th December 2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks Leon,
I reckon I'll do just that - install Office:mac and see how she goes with it.
I don't particularly want to pay another $129 for a second copy of iWork but if she hates Office:mac as much as I did, I might have no alternative. :)