PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age: Origins coming to Mac before Xmas

StoneWolf
15th December 2009, 06:55 AM
I'm excited! Mac Version Of Dragon Age Just A Week Away | Kotaku Australia (http://bit.ly/4DswKw)

Now the hunt to see how well if at all it will run on my Mid 2007 iMac.
Edit: Sys Req: Dragon Age: Origins Coming To The Mac, System Requirements Announced (http://bit.ly/8qHeKc)

The Loyal
15th December 2009, 07:26 AM
Very cool!

I've only played the 360 version, but from what I've heard the PC version is the ultimate version. Hopefully the Mac version is just as good! :)

Seon
15th December 2009, 07:45 AM
Awesome.. been wanting to get into game paying on my Mac, but apart from C&C, I have not found any titles I have been interested in. This might be the title I have been waiting for!

Evad
15th December 2009, 01:53 PM
Pre-Order seems to be country restricted based on IP address.

Bummer :-(

AnJellyCue
17th December 2009, 02:13 PM
woohoo

I have a member of my team at the office and they were showing me Dragon Age on the laptop and jesus, talk about sexy - the game is stunning

I am very happy this game is coming to the mac platform :-)

- Angelique

TheKeddi
17th December 2009, 05:07 PM
I have it on the 360, been playing it today actually, it's an awesome game!

Don't think I'll get it for the mac tho, I like to be comfy when playing games :-)

Evad
23rd December 2009, 12:26 PM
Managed to get around ip restriction on gametree using hotspot shield. :p
Its a 9GB .DMG file which unpacks to 17GB installed (+another 970mb is you ordered the Digital Deluxe Version).

So far the game is super smooth and running great on my early 2008 macbook pro with 4GB ram!

Vaempyr
2nd January 2010, 08:30 AM
Anyone know where - if? - I can get a retail copy of this in Melbourne?

I don't have the download quota to grab a 9Gb file online ...

Evad
2nd January 2010, 08:50 AM
So far I have only seen it offered as a digital download. :(

Would be happy to mail you a couple of DVD's with the .dmg file on it if you like. You'd still have to purchase from one of the online retailers of course as you'll need an activation key to run the game once installed.

I am sure that TOAST 10 can split big files across multiple DVD's. PM if interested and I'll do a test run to see if it works.

Vaempyr
2nd January 2010, 10:57 AM
So far I have only seen it offered as a digital download. :(

Would be happy to mail you a couple of DVD's with the .dmg file on it if you like. You'd still have to purchase from one of the online retailers of course as you'll need an activation key to run the game once installed.

I am sure that TOAST 10 can split big files across multiple DVD's. PM if interested and I'll do a test run to see if it works.
Thanks; I'll see if I can find it somewhere; even if I can buy the DVD version online and have it shipped to me ... if not, I'll gladly purcahse it online for the key and ask you to copy the discs, ta!