PDA

View Full Version : Safari tab problem

KaitoYamaro
14th December 2009, 02:42 AM
Hi there,

I've got a little problem and I hope you'll be able to help me to overcome it.
Recently the tabs in my Safari browser are displayed in a strange way, like in this pic (note the missing borders):
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/302/zrzutekranu20091213godz.png

When I click them, everything is back to normal, like this:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/302/zrzutekranu20091213godz.png

Anyone knows what's the matter? I can't recall any special thing I've recently done, I haven't modified anything either. Rebooting Safari/MacBook doesn't work either. I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.2 and Safari 4.0.4.

Thanks in advance for any clues,
Dorian

PS. I know that the issue is trivial and does not really influence my actual browsing experience, but I think it sucks and is annoying >.<

EDIT: I've reinstalled Safari, nothing. Though after I removed Glims, the problem seems to be gone. Reinstalled Glims - it's back. There was no update recently, so I've no idea what could have caused it.

ausdan
14th December 2009, 11:01 AM
I have exactly the same issue as well. You're right ... trivial but annoying. What is Glim? I don't have it running.

Remy
14th December 2009, 11:37 AM
What is Glim? I don't have it running.

Glims is a Safari extension pack. Full of tweaks like showing favicons in the tab bar.

As for your border problem, it's a Glims bug (update or no update). It seems that you'll either have to deal with dodgy tabs or get rid of Glims.

ausdan
14th December 2009, 12:20 PM
Doesn't solve my problem though. I'm not running Glims :(

KaitoYamaro
15th December 2009, 05:48 AM
@ausdan
Whew, strange then. I came across a post on Facebook of one guy having that issue as well, and he says it's a Glims problem. When I uninstalled it, the problem was gone, so I guess that's it. Strange though that you experience it without having Glims installed...

@Remy
Well, I guess I'll have to live with that, but I wonder why it appeared so abruptly - I had never had that issue before, and recently I didn't update Glims either...

GutterIsATool
16th December 2009, 05:10 PM
I've got the same issue. I'm running on a brand new 27" iMac, but it wasn't doing it straight out of the box. It only started after I had been using the machine for a day or two. I'm not running Glims, but I am running 1Password. I haven't tried disabling that. It's not mission critical, but it is annoying.

vxbgmayykv
18th December 2009, 03:04 AM
Hey guys, I've found the source of the problem. It has to do with Logitech Control Center 3.1. Specifically, it is the LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader.osax file located in your Macintosh HD/library/ScriptingAdditions folder. I put it in a different folder (as backup), and now the tabs WORK! Here's where I found out the solution: Safari 4.0.3 Tabs - Graphic Glitch - Agile Web Solutions Support Forums (http://forum.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?t=21452&highlight=logitech+safari)

KaitoYamaro
18th December 2009, 06:57 AM
Holy crap, you're my god, good on you! Works great as hell... I just couldn't have found the connection between updating LCC and Glims... :)

EDIT:
LOL, it has apparently fixed another issue... Now Dashboard app works perfectly with my mouse thumb-button, which used to be broken before... One small file that created such confusion. :cool:

GutterIsATool
18th December 2009, 04:28 PM
Wow thanks. I didn't even have to restart Safari. What does that file do? Is my computer going to freak when I use my Logitech mouse now?

KaitoYamaro
19th December 2009, 04:50 AM
Apparently not, your logitech mouse will just use Mac OS scrolling system instead of the logitech 'enhanced' one I guess. Nothing special then, I didn't see any change.

ausdan
19th December 2009, 10:24 AM
Great find. Worked like a charm!