PDA

View Full Version : Pic transfers to Sony-Ericsson via Bluetooth

Astrobuoy
13th July 2004, 10:51 PM
When I had my Acer Travelmate (I know, BOOOOO!!) I was able to transfer pics from my albums to my phone via the bundled image editor software and IR. Now that I have a Powerbook (Yaaaaah!) how am I able to do the equivalent? Can it be done via Bluetooth? I hate to be a L-User but does anyone have a system they use?

Husq
13th July 2004, 11:00 PM
Yep I sync up my sony ericsson with my powerbook. Go up to the bluetooth menu and browse device. If bluetooth is turned on for both computer and phone, should automatically find it. Simple to set up.

Astrobuoy
13th July 2004, 11:28 PM
Kewl, thanx Matt. I've gotta learn to look twice and ask once. I probably could have figured that one out on my own. Just still getting used to OSX.

Ozi
13th July 2004, 11:59 PM
Hi! I just bought an Sony Ericsson T610 and as it is still being mailed out to me, i was wondering if I will be able to use Blue Tooth to copy images from the phone to my computer? Or will i need cables/additional software/install CD/miscelaneous other crap?

thanks!

~ozi

EDIT: awesome! thanks for letting me know... i must have misread his ppost... i thought he was asking if you could copy images ONTO the phone, not off them. Thankyou for clearing that up, Disko.

Disko
14th July 2004, 12:20 AM
Ozi - that's what Matt just told Astro...

Yes, you can transfer images via bluetooth - and without software, it's all built into OS X.

pipsqeek
14th July 2004, 09:20 AM
I have a sony/ericsson R200.

It only has IrDA on it.

I was going to post a new thread regarding the option of an IrDA USB dongle and if it would work on OS X. I found a very cheap source for these little devices since my iBook does not have IrDA or bluetooth built in.

This place will not let me try them out though.

So my question is, will all or most IrDA USB devices work with OS X also?

Steve