PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 15" MacBook Pro battery?

aeon
10th December 2009, 12:35 PM
Hi all, looks like it's time to buy a new battery - I was hoping Apple might fix it under AppleCare, but apparently they only do it if it's within 12 months...

Battery just doesn't hold it's charge, currently is 240 odd cycles, but won't last more than an hour without dying.

So my question is, where is the best place to get a 15" MacBook Pro battery - I have a Mid 2007 MBP, battery model number is A1175.

Official AU Apple Store price is $199, but what are the alternatives... it seems there's a lot on Ebay, but even though they say they are official it's hard to work out if that's true.

There's also the third party ones available from OWC, are they worth getting, or should you stick with an official Apple one?

decryption
10th December 2009, 01:06 PM
A reseller will probably be able to shave $10 off the price, but yeah, if you want to be 100% sure it's genuine, don't buy off eBay.

iCarllovesapple
10th December 2009, 08:57 PM
They fixed mine out of Apple Care. Just say that you expected more from such a quality company and that it isn't good enough. Also say that you paid for Apple Care and despite it not being covered under that warranty they should be somewhat lenient because you bought the protection program. Give it a go, I did.

samuelowens
10th December 2009, 09:30 PM
Yup - don't take any shit.

Got two replacements under AppleCare, although the second one is now on the way out.