PDA

View Full Version : E-mailing photos like windows

mimaglo
4th December 2009, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone, just got my new 27" iMac after a long time in the PC camp

Is it possible to e-mail photos the same way as PC, namely: select a photo or photos, right click on one of them and select: Send to -> Mail recipient. Then it will automatically compress the photos to a smaller size and attach to a new e-mail

I'm using Entourage as my mail program. I've tried selecting the photo and selecting Send File and it opens up with Opera (don't even know what Opera does)

Thanks for your help
Mick

wmyeoh
4th December 2009, 08:47 PM
Don't know about Entourage, but if you use Mail, you can automatically resize the photo the way you described. Also, if you view your photos in iPhoto there is a "Mail" button which allows you to one click email them as well.

My advice is to stick to the Apple programs first, as they all integrate nicely with each other.

bartron
4th December 2009, 09:28 PM
welcome to Mac :)

some info on what you want to do here
How to add commands to the OS X "right-click" menu – Simple Help (http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/06/12/how-to-add-commands-to-the-os-x-right-click-menu/)

DeKa
4th December 2009, 09:33 PM
I just select the photos in iPhoto (control click them to select multiple ones) and then click the email button. It asks me if I want to resize, I select an option, and an email opens with the images attached.

MissionMan
4th December 2009, 09:47 PM
Just drag and drop the files to your entourage icon in your dock. No right click required.

Not sure if it gives resizing options like that though.