PDA

View Full Version : Printing Contact Sheet

p53
7th August 2005, 03:45 PM
Hey everyone

A friend and I have embarked on a project to compile our own book of herbs and we need some advice from pros.

Basically we are going to take lots of photos of herbs and then have them printed as a contact sheet, either A2 or A1 (haven't worked that out yet). We want the photos to be 10.5cm x 5.5cm. Exact dimensions may be changed later depending on a number of factors, but the point is we want to be able to specify the dimensions of the photos. We're both new to digital imaging so we're not sure how to do this so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

We have access to iPhoto 4, Graphic Converter Paint Shop Pro (7 I think) and possiblly Photoshop.
Thanks a lot.

p53

marc
7th August 2005, 07:47 PM
In Photoshop... File>Automate>Contact Sheet II.

That'll do it for you! I'm not sure if there's a way to do it in iPhoto.

zeddie2001
7th August 2005, 08:07 PM
iPhoto: File>Print>Styles... Contact Sheet. No way to choose specific size, only how many per page.

Alessiman
7th August 2005, 09:29 PM
Do a search on iLife poster on this forum, It will show you how to make contact sheets to the size your after

Its pretty easy to do actually

p53
8th August 2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the replies.
We'll try your suggestion Marc
Zeddie2001, already tried that, as you said it doesn't give us control of the specific size of the photos
Alessiman, I've read the iLife poster thread. I don't recall anything on specific sizes for the photos? I'll have another read of it, maybe I missed it.

p53