PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell have my power saving modes gone? ('08 MBP)

Apoptosis
29th November 2009, 07:06 PM
I have a '08 MBP and for a while now I've lost the option to chose what type of power management profile to use.

I used to be able to select things like Max Performance or Max battery life etc but now all clicking on the battery icon gets me is this:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1476/screenshot20091129at702.png

I cannot find anything to get back the options!

leon
29th November 2009, 07:26 PM
Snow Leopard took this away.
It was in Leopard then they took it away, then they put it back, then they took it away, then in 10.5.8 they put it back.

Snow Leopard
29th November 2009, 08:46 PM
i'm sad they got rid of that feature. Some of my apps don't work properly on battery now :(

Apoptosis
29th November 2009, 10:26 PM
Snow Leopard took this away.
It was in Leopard then they took it away, then they put it back, then they took it away, then in 10.5.8 they put it back.

Ahh! I thought it was a bit funny it went away and came back seemingly randomly and without input from the user.

i'm sad they got rid of that feature. Some of my apps don't work properly on battery now :(
I agree, why the hell would you remove that feature?

Snow Leopard
29th November 2009, 10:48 PM
I agree, why the hell would you remove that feature?

I dunno, but apple are apple, and they've killed good things before - stuff like this isn't new :p but still, really wish they would bring it back. Stuff like Ableton Live don't work on battery :( have to use the power adapter, and then only get half the performance I got with 10.5