PDA

View Full Version : Exporting a MS Publisher 2003 File is there a How To

Captain Stathi
29th November 2009, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I'm not a print type person so excuse my ignorance, I've just purchased a new mac for my wife she's doing the switch, the only thing, is there a way of exporting a .pub file or which app I should be looking at to do that. Ideally don't wan't to recreate them all.

tia

njd
29th November 2009, 12:42 PM
not sure it will work - i have yet to find an option for that. Often have people send through publisher files and I can never open them - I know that printers hate teh fie - best option could be to export the files as PDF's and then recreate the important files in pages.

Captain Stathi
29th November 2009, 01:24 PM
So if I print to pdf via distiller then should have no problem importing to Pages. I'll give that a shot. Thanks

njd
29th November 2009, 02:10 PM
if you print to pdf - you can then copy text off the pdf and reformat in pages - pages will not import pdf. you are going to have to recreate the documents.

captain fantasy
29th November 2009, 03:52 PM
You can, after you have distilled your.pub file to a pdf, drag the pdf icon to an open document in pages.
If you have multiple pdf pages, then you'll need to extract each page individually and drag and place individually.

tazgtz
1st December 2009, 11:45 AM
Publisher files can be opened only by Publisher...

By generating a PDF you will only be able to import your doc to Pages (for example) as "images". You will not be able to edit them in Pages...

Same this applies if you want to edit/import Pages files in an other programme like Publisher or Word...

I know by experience that you will have to recreate each page...